Reviewing LR Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
bostonlawchick

Bronze

Reviewing LR

Post by bostonlawchick » Thu May 13, 2010 3:59 pm

I finally started reviewing the PTs I've done so far (since I haven't touched them since I graded them... bad Zoot :oops: ) I've done about 10 full PTs, and I am pretty consistent around 0-3 wrong for RC and 0-2 wrong for LG (usually because of time), but my LR is all over the place from 4-10 misses per test. So to review I've just started going over my wrong answers from my previous tests. I got a notebook and for each question I'm writing down:

Question type
my answer
why it was wrong
correct answer
why it was right
what I did wrong (scope, not reading closely enough, missing the giant capitalized EXCEPT, etc)

So far I've only gone through three tests (and have been kicking myself for not reviewing after each one) but I feel like this is helping me understand where I really need to focus on in the next three weeks. I'm really seeing that I don't read closely enough and miss a key word, or I don't take the time to fully recognize the conclusion of an argument before I answer a question. Any help from anyone on how to improve in these areas would be greatly appreciated :D .

I know a lot of people on here struggle with LR, and I was just figuring we could share tips on how to get the most out of reviewing these questions, if anyone else wants to chime in.

Three weeks to go!

bk1

Diamond

Re: Reviewing LR

Post by bk1 » Thu May 13, 2010 4:08 pm

I am in a similar place to you (0-2 on both RC/LG and my LR is more like 0-8, bouncing all over the place). For the most part, I get them wrong because I did not read closely enough and missing a word in the stimulus or the question (95%+ of the time), however there are certain questions where I don't agree with the answer though this is rare.

There is no cohesion to my wrong answers other than simply being careless. I don't think there is anything else I can do other than simply take more PT's and be more careful while still making sure I work within the time limit.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”