When do LGs start to look "different"? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
PLATONiC

Bronze

When do LGs start to look "different"?

Post by PLATONiC » Wed May 12, 2010 12:54 am

I've read a lot of posts on how LGs are a little less difficult whereas RC somewhat picks up in terms of its denseness. When does this kick in? Is it true that LGs become a little more "standardized"? I noticed that there was this weird mapping game on PT 40, and I'm worried that I'll run into these again on the actual test.

I just completed PT 40 (171), and haven't really noticed LG getting any easier in light of the past few PTs I've taken. (I"ve taken PT 1-40, PT A, B, and C). Can anyone please shed some light on this?? Much appreciated:D

RockyLovesEmily

New

Re: When do LGs start to look "different"?

Post by RockyLovesEmily » Wed May 12, 2010 1:50 am

Do you know what date PT 40 was administered?

From what I remember, some of the older LGs could come out of left field occasionally and someone who usually scores 18-19/21 could end up with a 12. But for the last 2 years I'd say, they're much more predictable.

BigA

Bronze

Post by BigA » Wed May 12, 2010 2:06 am

yeah, I'm a little ahead of you going through the PTs. I'm just doing the tests in the forties. I'm finding games to be more standard and easier overall, but RC is making me cry. I never scored as low on RC as I did on the last couple PTs I took.

PLATONiC

Bronze

Post by PLATONiC » Wed May 12, 2010 4:19 am

BigA wrote:yeah, I'm a little ahead of you going through the PTs. I'm just doing the tests in the forties. I'm finding games to be more standard and easier overall, but RC is making me cry. I never scored as low on RC as I did on the last couple PTs I took.
YES.... RC makes me want to cry...... my last PT looked like this:

PT 40

LR - 1
LR -1
LG - 2
RC - a fucking 5!!!!

I'm thinking about re-evaluating my reading comprehension strategy... but I'm also thinking that it might be possible for me to get used seeing denser passages. I believe PT 40 is in 2003. I think I'll have to get -0 on LG, -2 on LR overall, and -5 on RC on the actual test to get the score range that I want. Hopefully this isn't too far of a stretch...

shoop

Bronze

Post by shoop » Wed May 12, 2010 10:29 am

I chopped up all the PTs up to 49 and used them for practice, then started taking full-length PTs with PT 50. I've done 50 and 51 and have gotten -0 and -1 on games. There are still some individual games from earlier tests that kick my ass, so I was worried that games would be my weak point on this final push to June 7, but I've been pleasantly surprised by the difficulty levels of games in the 50s so far. I think 50 and 51 were both from 2006.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

PLATONiC

Bronze

Post by PLATONiC » Wed May 12, 2010 8:32 pm

shoop wrote:I chopped up all the PTs up to 49 and used them for practice, then started taking full-length PTs with PT 50. I've done 50 and 51 and have gotten -0 and -1 on games. There are still some individual games from earlier tests that kick my ass, so I was worried that games would be my weak point on this final push to June 7, but I've been pleasantly surprised by the difficulty levels of games in the 50s so far. I think 50 and 51 were both from 2006.
This is how I see it: When it comes to the gimme games on an LG section, I try to finish that game within six minutes, and then spend a good 9 minutes on the more difficult ones. The games in the 30s made that plan virtually impossible for me. So just to get some closure, would it be safe to say that there are some 6-minute games in the LG sections in the 50s?

TCScrutinizer

Bronze

Post by TCScrutinizer » Wed May 12, 2010 11:37 pm

PLATONiC wrote:
shoop wrote:I chopped up all the PTs up to 49 and used them for practice, then started taking full-length PTs with PT 50. I've done 50 and 51 and have gotten -0 and -1 on games. There are still some individual games from earlier tests that kick my ass, so I was worried that games would be my weak point on this final push to June 7, but I've been pleasantly surprised by the difficulty levels of games in the 50s so far. I think 50 and 51 were both from 2006.
This is how I see it: When it comes to the gimme games on an LG section, I try to finish that game within six minutes, and then spend a good 9 minutes on the more difficult ones. The games in the 30s made that plan virtually impossible for me. So just to get some closure, would it be safe to say that there are some 6-minute games in the LG sections in the 50s?
There was a 6-minute game on the Sep09 LSAT.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”