~25 PTs left, which ones should I select for June? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Sandro

Gold

~25 PTs left, which ones should I select for June?

Post by Sandro » Mon May 10, 2010 10:14 pm

I have around 25 PTs left, untouched * (for the most part. I'm sure on a few i've done a game from the LG or LR bible, but nothing significant)

I am retaking from a 157 in Sep09. Right now I'm doing -2/3 per LR and -3 or 4 per RC, -11 LG and averaging mid-low 160's.

Right now I'm trying to decide how to ration the rest of my PTs. It is clear that LG is keeping me from 170s, and I will be mostly studying that until June. I also plan to take in October when I will have 2-3 months of free time to study (started a temporary job that cut into the last 2 months of planned June prep time :( )

Would 5 be a good number to do before June? Or should I concentrate on LG solely?

lebob

New

Re: ~25 PTs left, which ones should I select for June?

Post by lebob » Mon May 10, 2010 10:17 pm

you're going in knowing that you'll take october? i dont know what advice to give you man, that's just not something i'd recommend

take it only when you feel like you're fully ready

*but do more than 5 PTs. you should have done them all by june, but hey, do as much as you can i guess.

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Mon May 10, 2010 10:23 pm

lebob wrote:you're going in knowing that you'll take october? i dont know what advice to give you man, that's just not something i'd recommend

take it only when you feel like you're fully ready

*but do more than 5 PTs. you should have done them all by june, but hey, do as much as you can i guess.
What are some negatives to taking it again in June? LG is keeping me from 170+. I have made recent strides in LG but have yet to see how those translate into improvement on a full PT. I would rather go into application time with a score to fall back on, otherwise one slip up on Oct could see me taking again in Dec and not applying til Jan....

tomwatts

Gold

Post by tomwatts » Mon May 10, 2010 10:26 pm

The first reply's point should be well taken. Set the LSAT aside for a couple of months and then devote some serious studying over the summer to take the test for real in October, if that's what your schedule permits. Doing half-hearted, partial studying for a test like this doesn't seem like a good idea.

-11 on LG seems sort of deadly, though. If you have limited time between now and the June test and you're dead set on taking the June test, focus strictly on LG. Do games more than once, just to make sure that you've milked every drop of learning that you can out of the questions.

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Mon May 10, 2010 10:32 pm

tomwatts wrote:The first reply's point should be well taken. Set the LSAT aside for a couple of months and then devote some serious studying over the summer to take the test for real in October, if that's what your schedule permits. Doing half-hearted, partial studying for a test like this doesn't seem like a good idea.

-11 on LG seems sort of deadly, though. If you have limited time between now and the June test and you're dead set on taking the June test, focus strictly on LG. Do games more than once, just to make sure that you've milked every drop of learning that you can out of the questions.
It is deadly. I finally realized I never finished up the LG bible back in September's prep, and that was causing me to completely blank on some types of grouping games. Before i realized this i was failining miserably at grouping games, causing me to run out of time and have to guess on almost an entire game and hence the -11 Granted the LG sections i've been PTing with have been from much older tests, which could be amplifying my weakness. I feel like I finally have a grasp of the games and what they might be trying to test me on. I understand I will not be at 100% on LG in june but don't feel that alone should deter me from taking it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Mon May 10, 2010 11:27 pm

but i do see your point about not taking it until fully ready. Hmm. Tough call

nrj1084

New

Post by nrj1084 » Mon May 10, 2010 11:37 pm

I also think you would be better off not taking the June exam, and waiting until October. Go through the LG Bible once again, and then do lots of LG work for the next month or two. Then work your way through as many practice exams as possible before the October LSAT.

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Tue May 11, 2010 1:01 pm

Just took the LG section of PT 54 (June 2008). -4. My best LG section ever and I only ran out of time on the last question which I had narrowed down. Felt I had a good understanding of how to setup each game and attack it. Looks like with a little more work I will be in okay shape for LG on June....

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”