JUNE 2010 LSAT Countdown Thread: Good Luck Today Everyone! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
theZeigs

Bronze

Re: JUNE 2010 LSAT Countdown Thread: 32 Days

Post by theZeigs » Wed May 05, 2010 10:13 pm

Knockglock wrote:
nycsoul87 wrote:So I decided last minute to retake the LSAT in June. This is going to be my 4th time taking the exam and I already have a 170 in the bank from Feb 2010 so I'm not really gonna be studying that much. I will just go over the LG and LR Bibles one last time and just take the last 10 practice tests at some point before test day. Anyways, enough about my retake. I will update this thread everyday. Good luck studying everyone :)
I was wondering when someone was going to make this. Here we go ahh!! Still have probably 15 prep tests i'm going to take before the test.

I'm already starting to feel stressed too

Thanks, and good luck to you and everyone else too!
Knock you get a new avatar? Also, I don't think you should be stressing, you're killing your PTs.
Dinho wrote:Checking in. This will be my first and (like the person above me) hopefully last time. The nervous excitement is definitely starting to set in. I can only imagine how the days leading up to our scores being released will be; my heart pounds just when I check my answers to PTs...

Good luck to all in the last month of studying!
You're all set too bud :)
Marionberry wrote: How much improvement has everyone shown since they started studying? Two months ago I had never looked at an LSAT, and I probably started studying in earnest about 7 weeks ago. My intial prep test was a 160, and my last three were 174, 169, 175. I'm afraid that I may have hit my peak, but even if I can manage to do that well on the real thing I'll be happy. I'm deathly afraid of some profound test-day cognitive malfunction.
I think what you have to worry about more is the stabilization of your scores before you worry about "peaking." But still, I mean, 174 is solid.
malfurion wrote:Man, I wish the test was tomorrow so I could take it and just be done with it for better or worse. Patience is not my strong suit.
Yes. Please be tomorrow. It feels like GD Groundhog Day in this piece.

I hear waiting for the results is like pulling teeth....that will suckkkkkk

BTW, /close thread. Everytime I respond to a thread, it seriously dies off immediately. Not sure what the deal is.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Wed May 05, 2010 11:12 pm

Marionberry wrote:I would not give up hope for the ability to complete all four games on test day, you still have a month left which is a good deal of time to really condition yourself for logic games. Many of the games are variations on past games, and I find that just by sheer repetition, i.e. doing the same games 3 or 4 times (with at least a few days/weeks in between) that even ones I haven't done before become more intuitive. For me, I actually go faster when I take the extra time to fully diagram the rules, as I spend a lot less time on individual questions, especially with in/out games and pure sequencing. Your experience may vary, though.

On another note, I find myself being increasingly generous and helpful in the hopes that the universe will repay my good deeds with lsat prowess.
Sounds like a good idea...I better get on this too!

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Wed May 05, 2010 11:15 pm

theZeigs wrote:
Knockglock wrote:
nycsoul87 wrote:So I decided last minute to retake the LSAT in June. This is going to be my 4th time taking the exam and I already have a 170 in the bank from Feb 2010 so I'm not really gonna be studying that much. I will just go over the LG and LR Bibles one last time and just take the last 10 practice tests at some point before test day. Anyways, enough about my retake. I will update this thread everyday. Good luck studying everyone :)
I was wondering when someone was going to make this. Here we go ahh!! Still have probably 15 prep tests i'm going to take before the test.

I'm already starting to feel stressed too

Thanks, and good luck to you and everyone else too!
Knock you get a new avatar? Also, I don't think you should be stressing, you're killing your PTs.
Dinho wrote:Checking in. This will be my first and (like the person above me) hopefully last time. The nervous excitement is definitely starting to set in. I can only imagine how the days leading up to our scores being released will be; my heart pounds just when I check my answers to PTs...

Good luck to all in the last month of studying!
You're all set too bud :)
Marionberry wrote: How much improvement has everyone shown since they started studying? Two months ago I had never looked at an LSAT, and I probably started studying in earnest about 7 weeks ago. My intial prep test was a 160, and my last three were 174, 169, 175. I'm afraid that I may have hit my peak, but even if I can manage to do that well on the real thing I'll be happy. I'm deathly afraid of some profound test-day cognitive malfunction.
I think what you have to worry about more is the stabilization of your scores before you worry about "peaking." But still, I mean, 174 is solid.
malfurion wrote:Man, I wish the test was tomorrow so I could take it and just be done with it for better or worse. Patience is not my strong suit.
Yes. Please be tomorrow. It feels like GD Groundhog Day in this piece.

I hear waiting for the results is like pulling teeth....that will suckkkkkk

BTW, /close thread. Everytime I respond to a thread, it seriously dies off immediately. Not sure what the deal is.
Yeah, I like my new one a little bit better :) Thanks man...i'm doing good but I can't help but stress for some reason. Just so much riding on this...I want to make it as certain as possible that I'll match my PT scores.

And I feel you...definitely sick of the LSAT! I feel like i'm just in a lot worse moods, and more irritiable overall. Still a month to go though, got to stay strong!

Dinho

New

Post by Dinho » Thu May 06, 2010 9:42 am

Knockglock wrote: Yeah, I like my new one a little bit better :) Thanks man...i'm doing good but I can't help but stress for some reason. Just so much riding on this...I want to make it as certain as possible that I'll match my PT scores.

And I feel you...definitely sick of the LSAT! I feel like i'm just in a lot worse moods, and more irritiable overall. Still a month to go though, got to stay strong!
Haha I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. Not only am I more irritable, but non-LSAT takers are getting on my nerves in particular, what with their plans of vacation before starting internships and all.

makingwaves

Bronze

Post by makingwaves » Thu May 06, 2010 11:44 am

legalized wrote:How many full length tests everyone planning on taking total? (As in at least 4 sections, or maybe 5 or all 6 including writing).
I've taken 2 full length and a bunch of sections... I'm taking the BP Movie course and i've only got a few lessons left. Once I finish, its a PT every day with review on the off days. Including the 2 i've already taken i'm looking at about a dozen full length, 5 section PTs. I worry that isn't enough, but we'll see...

Anybody taking a PT every day? I'm worried about doing this and totally burning out but I haven't fully ruled it out yet... if I need more practice i'll do what I need to do.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Thu May 06, 2010 11:50 am

makingwaves wrote: Anybody taking a PT every day? I'm worried about doing this and totally burning out but I haven't fully ruled it out yet... if I need more practice i'll do what I need to do.
I'm not, I'm doing at least three individual timed sections a day, with a full 5 section test every saturday. In a couple of week I will be doing two PTs a week. Honestly each individual pt has been so taxing, mentally and emotionally, that I don't know if I could handle doing one every day. So far I've done 7 full tests, with probably 7 more planned before T-day.

Also, does anyone need a kidney? I'm think that has to be worth at least a 170...

hemm

Bronze

Post by hemm » Thu May 06, 2010 12:03 pm

The LSAT is June 27th here so I have 3 more weeks left than most of you, but I'm still stressing. I get so nervous checking my PT scores! 20 more PTs to go. The test has become such a big part of my life. I find myself about to say something in conversations and then stopping myself, thinking, "wait, that was only a LR/RC prompt from a PT, no one else can relate to it!" :)

theZeigs

Bronze

Post by theZeigs » Thu May 06, 2010 5:04 pm

hemm wrote:The LSAT is June 27th here so I have 3 more weeks left than most of you, but I'm still stressing. I get so nervous checking my PT scores! 20 more PTs to go. The test has become such a big part of my life. I find myself about to say something in conversations and then stopping myself, thinking, "wait, that was only a LR/RC prompt from a PT, no one else can relate to it!" :)
Yeah, I have found myself being like "oh, this was a topic of a RC passage" or "a LR problem was about this the other day." Pretty sure my friends and family are tired of hearing me talk about the LSAT.
Knockglock wrote: I want to make it as certain as possible that I'll match my PT scores.
I am purposely trying to exceed my target score in my PT average to account for a possible test-day drop. The biggest problem is that as I get better and better, I raise the bar for what a target score should be. Too bad you can't get above a 180 !

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Thu May 06, 2010 8:27 pm

I also find myself being completely literal in my interpretation of everything I hear, and inclined to correct people on really insignificant shit. Everything I read or hear gets filtered in the same way as an LR question stimulus.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

honestabe84

Bronze

Post by honestabe84 » Thu May 06, 2010 8:37 pm

Marionberry wrote:
makingwaves wrote: Anybody taking a PT every day? I'm worried about doing this and totally burning out but I haven't fully ruled it out yet... if I need more practice i'll do what I need to do.
I'm not, I'm doing at least three individual timed sections a day, with a full 5 section test every saturday. In a couple of week I will be doing two PTs a week. Honestly each individual pt has been so taxing, mentally and emotionally, that I don't know if I could handle doing one every day. So far I've done 7 full tests, with probably 7 more planned before T-day.

Also, does anyone need a kidney? I'm think that has to be worth at least a 170...

I was taking the shotgun approach with PTs, but it seems like slow and steady is working better for me. Maybe it's that I'm just more energized when I have not taken a PT for a week. In fact, the week before the test, I'm not taking a PT. I'll do a couple LGs but that's about it.

The first time I took the LSAT, I think I became too obsessive. I think this time around I'm going to work on not psyching myself out.
Last edited by honestabe84 on Thu May 06, 2010 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Thu May 06, 2010 9:02 pm

I'm with you guys. Let's do this.

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Thu May 06, 2010 9:09 pm

nycsoul87 wrote:So I decided last minute to retake the LSAT in June. This is going to be my 4th time taking the exam and I already have a 170 in the bank from Feb 2010 so I'm not really gonna be studying that much. I will just go over the LG and LR Bibles one last time and just take the last 10 practice tests at some point before test day. Anyways, enough about my retake. I will update this thread every day. Good luck studying everyone :)
Wow. 4th time? I thought 3 was max...

but anyway, what are you going for this time around? I got a 170 to my name as well, but I've only taken the test once before. What are you going to do with regard to the lack of fresh material?

nycsoul87

New

Post by nycsoul87 » Thu May 06, 2010 9:19 pm

Ragged wrote: Wow. 4th time? I thought 3 was max...

but anyway, what are you going for this time around? I got a 170 to my name as well, but I've only taken the test once before. What are you going to do with regard to the lack of fresh material?
I already used up all my materials so there really isn't much i can do about that. I'm just going to give myself 30 min sections instead of 35 min.
Anyways, I'm hoping for 175+, but I will be happy with 173+. I'm a splitter still in undergrad so I want a legit 99%-tile score for ED runs at UVA, Michigan or Georgetown.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

makingwaves

Bronze

Post by makingwaves » Fri May 07, 2010 2:49 pm

Marionberry wrote:

Yeah so far my full PT's have been the same way. I'm going to stick with one every other day because i've taken so few and I feel like I still need more practice.
Marionberry wrote:I also find myself being completely literal in my interpretation of everything I hear, and inclined to correct people on really insignificant shit. Everything I read or hear gets filtered in the same way as an LR question stimulus.
+1. I am driving my boyfriend up a wall.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Fri May 07, 2010 3:54 pm

makingwaves wrote:
Marionberry wrote:

Yeah so far my full PT's have been the same way. I'm going to stick with one every other day because i've taken so few and I feel like I still need more practice.
I've been taking PT's at about 5-6 PT's a week (including a PT that results from using 4 experimental sections). The biggest thing for me, at least, is the confidence I will certainly have, walking into the test with ~45 PT's under my belt, and the actual thing will just be like any other of the past 2 months. When I get closer to the test date though, i'm going to start to taper down, like swimmers do before big meets, and train less, so I walk into the test feeling very strong.

I think the hardest studying should be down at least a week out before the test, and this is the point you want to know everything and have all the concepts down. That last week you don't want to make any significant strategy or technique changes.

nycsoul87

New

Re: JUNE 2010 LSAT Countdown Thread: 29 Days

Post by nycsoul87 » Sun May 09, 2010 1:54 pm

Less than a month to go, everyone. I'm doing a daily schedule from this Wed up til test day ( I have finals til Tuesday so can't start earlier). I want to go through LG and LR guides one last time. I also will be ordering the Atlas LG Guide just to look at their sequencing and in and out games' method,. I feel like Powerscore's in and out games method could be better. After reviewing everything, I want to run through PTs 52-59. I'm trying to make the jump from low 170s to high 170s so we'll see what happens. Good luck, all.

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Sun May 09, 2010 7:40 pm

Took PT 55 (Oct 08) yesterday. Results were

LR1: -4
RC: -4
LR2:-0
LG:-1
For a total of -9, and a 170 scaled score.

I'm kind of disappointed. I missed three on the first LR that I shouldn't have, just due to poor pacing and completely misunderstanding a question prompt, that when I went back to it I understood immediately.

Is this kind of hard curve about normal for the most recent tests? The last time I missed 9 I came out with a 173 or 174.

I fear that I'm entering the burn-out zone, I am just so tired of this crap. Not even just the work it requires, but the constant anxiety and worry, along with the crushing disappointment when I do abnormally bad on a section. I think I may take a couple of days off before I start my last month PT regimen.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Dinho

New

Post by Dinho » Sun May 09, 2010 10:29 pm

Wow finals are really throwing off my schedule more than I thought... this past week I've only been able to take a full length on Wednesday... Fortunately I'm done with junior year on Tuesday afternoon though.

Then it's back to LSAT crush time.

As the great Ronnie Coleman once said, "There ain't nothin' to it, but to do it."

theavrock

Silver

Post by theavrock » Sun May 09, 2010 11:14 pm

I'm still here. I've had some drops in scores lately as my RC has gotten wildly inconsistent. Not happy about it, but that just means I have more to work on.

Took PT 51 today ending up with a 165, mainly due to dying on RC with a -7. The good thing is my LG's are now consistently - 0 to -2. If I can get this RC back on track I should be good to go.

Time to buckle down everyone!

PotatoMonkey

New

Post by PotatoMonkey » Sun May 09, 2010 11:30 pm

haha, reading this has made me so much more nervous. I've been doing incredibly well on LR and RC, but getting absolutely trashed on LGs. I think I need to go back to the Bible and review- I started studying with it, and haven't looked at it since I finished it the first time around. Does anyone have any tips for games? For some reason, I look at them, and my brain just decides to go "Nope. Have fun with that, I'm going to go do something else."

On any note, on June 7th, at about 8 or 9 PM, we should do a universal celebratory drink.

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Mon May 10, 2010 12:09 am

PotatoMonkey wrote:haha, reading this has made me so much more nervous. I've been doing incredibly well on LR and RC, but getting absolutely trashed on LGs. I think I need to go back to the Bible and review- I started studying with it, and haven't looked at it since I finished it the first time around. Does anyone have any tips for games? For some reason, I look at them, and my brain just decides to go "Nope. Have fun with that, I'm going to go do something else."

On any note, on June 7th, at about 8 or 9 PM, we should do a universal celebratory drink.

Join the club. I'm at -2/-3 per LR and ~-3 RC. LG? -11. Singlehandedly keeping me from a shot at 170s right now.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

PotatoMonkey

New

Re: JUNE 2010 LSAT Countdown Thread: 28 Days- 4 Weeks...

Post by PotatoMonkey » Mon May 10, 2010 12:51 am

That's exactly what it was for me. I got -5 my first prep test, and -12 the second one. I pretty much just froze when reading them, but I went back over and re-did all the work and answered em and was able to get 11 of them right the second time around. Do you find that happening to, as in you just kind of lock up?

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Mon May 10, 2010 12:55 am

PotatoMonkey wrote:That's exactly what it was for me. I got -5 my first prep test, and -12 the second one. I pretty much just froze when reading them, but I went back over and re-did all the work and answered em and was able to get 11 of them right the second time around. Do you find that happening to, as in you just kind of lock up?
My weakness can partly be attributed to never actually finishing the LG bible my first go around. Next it would be just not used to thinking how LG wants you to think. My brain does freeze up in some places, particularly when I run into something I need to figure out... hopefully with practice I will be better. Just doing the LGs over and over is showing me how similiar a lot of them are in terms of what they are trying to get you to see.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Mon May 10, 2010 12:55 am

4 weeks ahh!! so close. Can't wait to actually take it as this point lol .

Fark-o-vision

Silver

Post by Fark-o-vision » Mon May 10, 2010 12:59 am

Whenever you feel nervous just stop being nervous and be awesome instead. Then you'll be awesome and no longer nervous. Double plus good, FTW.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”