Six section prep-tests a good idea? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
jarofsoup

Gold

Six section prep-tests a good idea?

Post by jarofsoup » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:12 am

I read today that it could be beneficial to take 6 section preptest instead of the 5 to get your endurance up so 5 sections seems easy. Any experience with this? Right now I am only doing 4 sections, I have had limited time to take full prep tests. But in may will have more availability. But this is not my first time taking the LSAT so I have experience taking the full five section test.

StrictlyLiable

Bronze

Re: Six section prep-tests a good idea?

Post by StrictlyLiable » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:18 am

It seems like a good idea, I don't really see how this could be harmful. I actually thought about doing this, but I don't know where it would be best to give the 15min break. I would say between 4 and 5.

alive

New

Post by alive » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:32 am

I'd think you would only want to do this if you are having a lot of trouble with stamina/energy or you think you aren't at risk of running out of material. I learned LG and RC by doing nearly all of the respective sections from PrepTests 7-45 and I am using 46-59 as full PrepTests, using every fifth test as a "splitter" to make a five section test. I feel like I'd be missing out on a few more full five section tests if I did six section tests.

King

New

Post by King » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:00 am

Why not.

hellokitty

Bronze

Post by hellokitty » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:01 am

I definitely don't feel like it could hurt anything. I might try it once and see what happens!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

alive

New

Post by alive » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:51 pm

alive wrote:I'd think you would only want to do this if you are having a lot of trouble with stamina/energy or you think you aren't at risk of running out of material. I learned LG and RC by doing nearly all of the respective sections from PrepTests 7-45 and I am using 46-59 as full PrepTests, using every fifth test as a "splitter" to make a five section test. I feel like I'd be missing out on a few more full five section tests if I did six section tests.
I retract what I said. I have about 10 or 15 RC sections between 7 and 21 or so that I haven't done. Taking them prior to a five section prep test might be the best way to simulate getting a double RC or getting RC as your first section. (RC gives me the most trouble.)

So I'll use six section PT for this reason.

sk8kim

New

Post by sk8kim » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:47 pm

Has anyone tried simulating the Writing section first, before taking a 5-section PT? I would think that would completely replicate the testing situation.

ellebee

New

Post by ellebee » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:09 pm

It's a great idea. When my old LSAT study group did our weekly prep tests, I always pulled a random section from previous tests but I as much as possible i tried to make it less obvious which was wasn't included in the answers. I personally have trouble with stamina so this was extremely beneficial for me.

FuManChusco

Silver

Post by FuManChusco » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:27 pm

I think if you have the time to study, then do what you can without burning out. The other day I took two 4 sections tests back to back, because I had time to review and felt like I had the energy to do another section or 2. I ended up finishing the 2nd test and got a 174. I have PTs 45-58 saved for specific dates, but I have all 3 10 PT books so I'm not going to run out of material. At this point, I just want to study as much as possible.

Also, you do the writing section last on the real thing and it is completely meaningless. If you have zero endurance left, write something coherent and serious and I guarantee it will have no affect on your application. I don't see how doing the writing section 1st would replicate the real thing.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”