Need help with questions from PT's 19-25? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Knock

Platinum

Need help with questions from PT's 19-25?

Post by Knock » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:39 am

I answered a couple people's questions, and thought it was pretty good practice to explain and show the reasoning to someone else, so I figured I may as well answer some questions for people for the practice of explaining it. I'll do my best to answer questions from the PT's I have recently taken, 19-25.

Thanks.

GeePee

Silver

Re: Need help with questions from PT's 19-25?

Post by GeePee » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:51 am

Rather than starting a taking q's thread with no real cred, you probably want to just peruse the LSAT Prep forum for questions. In a couple of weeks you'll get people realizing "wow this test is in less than 6 weeks" and discussion will definitely pick up.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:57 am

GeePee wrote:Rather than starting a taking q's thread with no real cred, you probably want to just peruse the LSAT Prep forum for questions. In a couple of weeks you'll get people realizing "wow this test is in less than 6 weeks" and discussion will definitely pick up.
Fair enough, although I figured since I was only offering help really for a limited range of PT's, I might as well start a thread.

GeePee

Silver

Post by GeePee » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:08 am

Do you plan on taking the rest of the PT's (or at least a good chunk) before test day? A lot of people will be on similar schedules; you'll be surprised.

P.S. For yourself, PT's 50-59 will be a lot more informative than 25-50. So, if taking 25-50 is minimizing the time you have to take 50-59, I'd definitely re-prioritize to take a good chunk of them.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:20 am

GeePee wrote:Do you plan on taking the rest of the PT's (or at least a good chunk) before test day? A lot of people will be on similar schedules; you'll be surprised.

P.S. For yourself, PT's 50-59 will be a lot more informative than 25-50. So, if taking 25-50 is minimizing the time you have to take 50-59, I'd definitely re-prioritize to take a good chunk of them.
Yeah, I was planning on taken a good chunk, if not all the ones from 19 on before test day. I used 29-38, the LG and LR (grouped by question type) at least to learn, so I'm not sure if I should take them again as a whole PT, or just use them as practice sections for learning purposes and for studying when I can't fit in full tests but still want to do whole sections. I'm not sure if having done a good chunk of LG, and a decent amount of the LR's, is going to ruin those PT's.

My tenative plan was to finish all the PT's from 19-28, while working 29-38 as individual sections, do 42-48 (I couldn't find 39, 40, or 41 I don't think), and then 49-59.

What do you think of that schedule? When do you think I should take 50-59? make them my last 10 PT's?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jpSartre

Bronze

Post by jpSartre » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:43 am

Knockglock wrote:
GeePee wrote:Do you plan on taking the rest of the PT's (or at least a good chunk) before test day? A lot of people will be on similar schedules; you'll be surprised.

Yeah, I was planning on taken a good chunk, if not all the ones from 19 on before test day. I used 29-38, the LG and LR (grouped by question type) at least to learn, so I'm not sure if I should take them again as a whole PT, or just use them as practice sections for learning purposes and for studying when I can't fit in full tests but still want to do whole sections. I'm not sure if having done a good chunk of LG, and a decent amount of the LR's, is going to ruin those PT's.

My tenative plan was to finish all the PT's from 19-28, while working 29-38 as individual sections, do 42-48 (I couldn't find 39, 40, or 41 I don't think), and then 49-59.

What do you think of that schedule? When do you think I should take 50-59? make them my last 10 PT's?
When do you plan to finish 19-28 and start on 42-59? I've gone through a very similar schedule as you; i finished 19-38 (by question type) about a month ago and I've been working up ever since:

From my point of view, you may want to skip taking some of the full tests from 19-28 and focus on 29-38 by question type/section (I found this MOST helpful) if you're not 100% confident you'll be able to finish 42-59 before the test. Especially if you've got more than 5 PTs planned per week (I do 2 tops, and found that 3 was too much for me). As some kind of guidepost, I'm doing 50 this weekend and 2 PTs a week until June, taking 2 weeks off for finals.

Also,
GeePee wrote:Rather than starting a taking q's thread with no real cred
I didn't know there was LSAT question-answering cred :lol:

GeePee

Silver

Post by GeePee » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:09 pm

Knockglock wrote:

I think that your schedule is doable. Definitely don't retake 29-38 if you've seen material before. 42-59 is 18 PT's, which I believe is about one every 3 days until the test. This seems fine. Good luck!
Well, think about it: what advantage does one have posting in a question-answer thread of someone they don't particularly know when they could post their own thread instead?
Last edited by GeePee on Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kiersten1985

Silver

Post by Kiersten1985 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:12 pm

Focus on the more recent ones - 19-25 are not going to be so helpful at this point.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:40 pm

GeePee wrote:
Knockglock wrote:

I think that your schedule is doable. Definitely don't retake 29-38 if you've seen material before. 42-59 is 18 PT's, which I believe is about one every 3 days until the test. This seems fine. Good luck!
Well, think about it: what advantage does one have posting in a question-answer thread of someone they don't particularly know when they could post their own thread instead?
Thanks guys!
Focus on the more recent ones - 19-25 are not going to be so helpful at this point.
Are the newer PT's substantially different from the older ones? All I've really heard was RC got harder and introduced comparative passages, and LG got easier.

[quote
When do you plan to finish 19-28 and start on 42-59? I've gone through a very similar schedule as you; i finished 19-38 (by question type) about a month ago and I've been working up ever since:

From my point of view, you may want to skip taking some of the full tests from 19-28 and focus on 29-38 by question type/section (I found this MOST helpful) if you're not 100% confident you'll be able to finish 42-59 before the test. Especially if you've got more than 5 PTs planned per week (I do 2 tops, and found that 3 was too much for me). As some kind of guidepost, I'm doing 50 this weekend and 2 PTs a week until June, taking 2 weeks off for finals.
[/quote]

Hmm, I was going to try and finish up 26, 27, and 28 in the next week. I've been doing about 3 a week, sometimes 2, but not more than 4. I'm really busy this weekend unfortunately, so not going to be too much time for LSAT Prep, so I might try and take them today, tomorrow, and Friday. Then I guess I will see how i'm doing, i'll probably just go straight into 42 on Monday or Tuesday.

Okay wow, you're on 50, it seems like I may have some catching up to do PT-wise!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

clintonius

Silver

Post by clintonius » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:48 pm

Knockglock wrote:
Are the newer PT's substantially different from the older ones? All I've really heard was RC got harder and introduced comparative passages, and LG got easier.
I only took a half-dozen or so in total, but they were all from the 19-25 group, and I believe the curve has changed since then. The last PT I took landed me a 179, and I got a 172 on the Sept LSAT missing the same number of questions.

jpSartre

Bronze

Post by jpSartre » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:45 pm

You should rename this thread "0-LSAT taking questions"

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:12 pm

ugh lol, I feel like i'm playing whack-a-mole here!

took the 1st 3 sections of pt 26, went -2 LG -5 LR -5 LR

I can't seem to put it all together in a single prep test. Feels like i'm golfing, one day my driving is great, but my short game is sucking. The next day my short game is great, but my driving sucks. Ugh lol, I feel like i'm stuck in the 168-172 range. I need to break out of this plateau already!

Starting to get a little worried by my lack of improvement (my diagnostic after studying LGB only for about a month was -3 LG -6 LR -7 LR -3 RC)...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”