October 2010 Test Prep Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
typ3

Silver

Re: October 2010 Test Prep

Post by typ3 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:26 pm

Most administers of the test require you to sign and date your ticket when your check in. I wouldn't do it before hand. I signed mine inbetween getting my finger print done and someone looking at my ID and they almost turned me away to print off another ticket.

AverageTutoring

Bronze

Post by AverageTutoring » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:29 pm

eit wrote:
stargazin wrote:I signed it and dated it for tomorrow.

Just wanted to say good luck to everyone on the test! NO WORRIES. It's just another PT.
Lasers wrote:do we sign the LSAT admission ticket before we get to the testing area tomorrow??
I was just stopping by to check the confidence thread, lol, but also checked this.

I don't know if your LSAT ticket is different than mine (I'm testing in Canada) - but mine clearly reads: "Do not sign this ticket prior to the test. You will be asked to sign your ticket during the check-in process on the day of the test." In bold. Underneath the signature/print name thing.
What have you done to get ready for the morning?

I have 9 sharpened pencils, a pencil sharpener, my keys, my wallet, my analog watch, one logic game, one RC passage and a couple LR questions resting atop my admissions ticket. My clothes are all layed out including my belt, and my one litre freezy bag is on the fridge with my snack and water.

Did I forget anything? :mrgreen:
Last edited by AverageTutoring on Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lasers

Gold

Post by Lasers » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:30 pm

eit wrote:

Just wanted to say good luck to everyone on the test! NO WORRIES. It's just another PT.
Lasers wrote:do we sign the LSAT admission ticket before we get to the testing area tomorrow??
I was just stopping by to check the confidence thread, lol, but also checked this.

I don't know if your LSAT ticket is different than mine (I'm testing in Canada) - but mine clearly reads: "Do not sign this ticket prior to the test. You will be asked to sign your ticket during the check-in process on the day of the test." In bold. Underneath the signature/print name thing.
ahhh, thanks for the heads up.

i just took a look at it now...yep not supposed to sign.

Hedwig

Silver

Post by Hedwig » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:34 pm

AverageTutoring wrote:
eit wrote:

I have 9 sharpened pencils, a pencil sharpener, my keys, my wallet, one logic one, one RC passage and a couple LR questions resting atop my admissions ticket. My clothes are all layed out including my belt, and my one litre freezy bag is on the fridge with my snack and water.

I finished HP 5 and started on HP 6.

For serious, I have my bag packed with Clif bars, pencils, an eraser, a pencil sharpener (although I intend to not sharpen my pencils but rather just put down a pencil when it becomes dull and pick up my next one since I have a set of 12 pre-sharpened ones...), my ticket printed out with my photo on it (Canadian version of finger printing), my wallet, keys, etc...

I honestly don't even know what I'm going to do for prep in the morning. I think I might do a logic game, a passage, and a few LR questions like you mentioned... and a few pages of HP6... eh. I'm feeling pretty calm about this all though.

P.S. You know you can have a 3.79 or something liter bag, right? It's one gallon, not one liter.

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:34 pm

AverageTutoring wrote:
eit wrote:

I have 9 sharpened pencils, a pencil sharpener, my keys, my wallet, my analog watch, one logic game, one RC passage and a couple LR questions resting atop my admissions ticket. My clothes are all layed out including my belt, and my one litre freezy bag is on the fridge with my snack and water.

Nope, you got it goin' on. Good call on preparing the night before.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Lasers

Gold

Post by Lasers » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:37 pm

i don't have a pencil sharpener to bring so i guess i'm just gonna bring 8 sharpened pencils.

robchuckbob

New

Post by robchuckbob » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:10 am

I can't sleep!!! I've been tossing and turning for over an hour!

LLB2JD

Silver

Post by LLB2JD » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:46 am

Oh boy. It is already morning here.

justadude55

Silver

Post by justadude55 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:33 pm

Nightrunner wrote:Good luck to all of you. Please remember to read this thread before posting after the LSAT.
are we allowed to post about previous already published LSAT's in general?

obviously there may be a make up test or something so you can't do that, but is it also a fear of violating copyright? for example, many people post questions about questions on previous LSATs. is it cool legally to participate?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sknight323

New

Post by sknight323 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 pm

I think I scored in the negatives

DearCan

Bronze

Post by DearCan » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:39 pm

The last RC passage was...not fun.

smithryan94

New

Post by smithryan94 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:40 pm

lets keep post-test discussion in here

http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 6&t=113348

sknight323

New

Post by sknight323 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:58 pm

OK...for one of the sections I bubbled an extra bubble, there ere 23 ? and I bubbled #24..will that affect my score?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

justadude55

Silver

Post by justadude55 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:13 pm

sknight323 wrote:OK...for one of the sections I bubbled an extra bubble, there ere 23 ? and I bubbled #24..will that affect my score?
no

ArchRoark

Silver

Post by ArchRoark » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:43 pm

sknight323 wrote:OK...for one of the sections I bubbled an extra bubble, there ere 23 ? and I bubbled #24..will that affect my score?
Unless you skipped a bubble (i.e. the other 23 are not aligned with their corresponding questions) then you should be fine.

Ineedhelpplease

Bronze

Post by Ineedhelpplease » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:27 pm

anybody think the games were extra easy.... and my order was reading comp, logical reasoning,logical reasoning break then games,logical reasoning...i hope the 1st logical reasoning was the experimental and that the third comparative passage in reading comp is all d's :roll:

stargazin

Bronze

Post by stargazin » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:48 pm

eit wrote:

You're totally right. I've been sick lately so I haven't been in the mood to actually read stuff. I saw your post this morning and had to print out another.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

brochocinco

New

Post by brochocinco » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:47 pm

Ineedhelpplease wrote:anybody think the games were extra easy.... and my order was reading comp, logical reasoning,logical reasoning break then games,logical reasoning...i hope the 1st logical reasoning was the experimental and that the third comparative passage in reading comp is all d's :roll:

I had dos LG sections and I felt I destroyed both. mine was LR, LG, RC, break, LR, LG

blackswan

New

Post by blackswan » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:55 pm

brochocinco wrote:
Ineedhelpplease wrote:anybody think the games were extra easy.... and my order was reading comp, logical reasoning,logical reasoning break then games,logical reasoning...i hope the 1st logical reasoning was the experimental and that the third comparative passage in reading comp is all d's :roll:

I had dos LG sections and I felt I destroyed both. mine was LR, LG, RC, break, LR, LG
I had exactly the same order(LR, LG 1, RC, break, LR, LG 2)
I made a mistake on last section of LG 2.
By the time I realized I made a mistake on setup, I only had about 3 min left, too little to review all the answers again.

I'm hoping that the LG 2 was the experiment, but I've heard that usaully one of the first 3 section is experiment so I'm probably out of luck.
or Would luck be my lady? :D

Blumpbeef

Gold

Post by Blumpbeef » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:06 pm

blackswan wrote:
brochocinco wrote:

I had exactly the same order(LR, LG 1, RC, break, LR, LG 2)
I made a mistake on last section of LG 2.
By the time I realized I made a mistake on setup, I only had about 3 min left, too little to review all the answers again.

I'm hoping that the LG 2 was the experiment, but I've heard that usaully one of the first 3 section is experiment so I'm probably out of luck.
or Would luck be my lady? :D
Nope. There hasn't been a post-break experimental since 1991, AFAIK.

Dripworx

Bronze

Post by Dripworx » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:30 pm

Debating whether or not to study between now and the arrival of the scores in nov. to determine whether or not i should retake in december...

Ive done all the tests available, felt good on this test, and have completely exhausted all real lsat material... dont know what good looking over old tests again and again will do for me =/

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:34 pm

Dripworx wrote:Debating whether or not to study between now and the arrival of the scores in nov. to determine whether or not i should retake in december...

Ive done all the tests available, felt good on this test, and have completely exhausted all real lsat material... dont know what good looking over old tests again and again will do for me =/
That's what I'm doing. If I get my score and like it I'll just stop studying...but if it sucks I won't have enough time unless I study from now until scores come out soo...

You sound like you were pretty much as prepared as you could be though so it may be different for you.

Dripworx

Bronze

Post by Dripworx » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:51 pm

LSpleaseee wrote:
Dripworx wrote:Debating whether or not to study between now and the arrival of the scores in nov. to determine whether or not i should retake in december...

That's what I'm doing. If I get my score and like it I'll just stop studying...but if it sucks I won't have enough time unless I study from now until scores come out soo...

You sound like you were pretty much as prepared as you could be though so it may be different for you.
I felt good about it, but thats exactly why I am scared... I never walked away from a test feeling good. this false sense of confidence has me buggin out. not much i can do now but wait.

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:57 pm

Dripworx wrote:
LSpleaseee wrote:

I felt good about it, but thats exactly why I am scared... I never walked away from a test feeling good. this false sense of confidence has me buggin out. not much i can do now but wait.
Yeah I feel you on that :?

Dripworx

Bronze

Post by Dripworx » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:31 am

LSpleaseee wrote:
Dripworx wrote:
LSpleaseee wrote:

Yeah I feel you on that :?
my lsat buddy was telling me that it would make sense to maybe cool it with prep for like 2 weeks or so, just bc there is no more material left to study so perhaps if i forgot the material a bit, it would kind of still function as prep material.

its amazing that over 5 months i was able to memorize games/patterns, inferences in LR's, and answers to qeustions in over 50+ tests. I think that by itself is merit of some kind of medal/award/trophy .... something... gift card to radio shack at least.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”