Test 29 Section 2 #6 Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
mz253

Bronze

Test 29 Section 2 #6

Post by mz253 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:28 pm

i know it looks easy but i'm probably just dumb.

for (a), line 35 Picasso and Braque
for (b), line 14 Picasso and Braque, Kandinsky and Malevich
for (c),
for (d), same with (b)
for (e), same with (b), since it says "anticipated not only just subsequent developments in the arts, but also the political social disruptions and upheavals of the modern world...."

the only thing i'm not sure about is (c), because i think it might be line 46, Delacroix, since it mentions "stylistic innovations" OR line 35, Picasso and Braque, though it didn't say anything, but i think "cubism" is a new artistic technique?

but why the correct answer is e? something wrong with "power"?

mshermn

New

Re: Test 29 Section 2 #6

Post by mshermn » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:20 pm

I think a more careful reading of the question stem is in order. You have found the appropriate line references for (A), (B), and (D).

The question stem reads, "According to the author, ..."

The author does not believe that these artists were prophetic. Instead the author is attempting to challenge the art critics mentioned in the second paragraph who did believe these artists were prophetic. So answer choice (E) is not something the author would think describes these artists, since the author is challenging this position. That's why answer choice (E) is correct.

Answer choice (C) is mentioned in line 47 with the example of Delecroix, but is also mentioned up in line 7 of the first paragraph.

mz253

Bronze

Re: Test 29 Section 2 #6

Post by mz253 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:03 pm

thank you so much! omg... that's soososoos tricky
mshermn wrote:I think a more careful reading of the question stem is in order. You have found the appropriate line references for (A), (B), and (D).

The question stem reads, "According to the author, ..."

The author does not believe that these artists were prophetic. Instead the author is attempting to challenge the art critics mentioned in the second paragraph who did believe these artists were prophetic. So answer choice (E) is not something the author would think describes these artists, since the author is challenging this position. That's why answer choice (E) is correct.

Answer choice (C) is mentioned in line 47 with the example of Delecroix, but is also mentioned up in line 7 of the first paragraph.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”