a Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
tipler4213

Silver

a

Post by tipler4213 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:59 pm

edit
Last edited by tipler4213 on Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

typ3

Silver

Re: LSAT Re-take: Need advice on new materials

Post by typ3 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:12 pm

If you have the bibles then you don't need much more. You just need to do the work and take PT's and learn from your mistakes. No prep book is going to instantly give you a 170, you have to work for it.

theavrock

Silver

Post by theavrock » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:39 pm

The problem a lot of people have, myself included is that we underestimate the need for repetition. I did the same thing you did. Had the bibles and went over 15 practice tests.

IMO the single best thing you can do is do as many real questions as you can. If you are unsure if you are doing enough do more and once you feel like you have done enough do a few more.

I set up a study plan based very closely on Pithypike's method with some tweaks in it for myself and I can see the gains that I am making especially in LG.

I don't think its so much that you need other prep materials, just spend 2-3 hours a day until test time doing as many of each section as possible.

The one thing I will recommend in addition to the Bibles if you can get your hands on it is Kaplan's Big Orange Book. All real LSAT's and explanations for all the sections. I read every single explanation in there and after doing it for a few weeks I feel myself going through answers and knowing exactly why they are right or wrong.

typ3

Silver

Post by typ3 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:42 pm

Kaplan's Big Orange book is the older version of the Kaplan Mastery Book. Try to get the most recent Kaplan Mastery book and you're golden.

Miznitic

Bronze

Post by Miznitic » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:30 pm

1. Powerscore Bibles (LR, RC, LG)
2. As many PTs as you can afford
3.Go through the bibles, religiously.
4. Take as many PTs as you can in as realistic conditions. Do half timed, half untimed.

Forget any and all semblance of having a life. Study religiously and obsessively.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”