How long does it take to get through Kaplan Mastery? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
honestabe84

Bronze

How long does it take to get through Kaplan Mastery?

Post by honestabe84 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:43 am

I actually have few questions that I was hoping someone who has gone through this book could answer: 1. How long does it take to get through the entire book. 2. How long does it take to get through LR section of the book.

I keep on reading good things about this book, and I think I'll end up buying it. The only problem is that I have a VERY busy semester, and I don't know if I will have the time to do PTs and go through this book at the same time. Thanks for your answers.

typ3

Silver

Re: How long does it take to get through Kaplan Mastery?

Post by typ3 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:58 am

The book has about 25 PTs in it rearranged by question type. You could do it in two weeks probably, but 3-4 is best imo so you can review all mistakes.

skip james

Bronze

Post by skip james » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:46 pm

Actually, the way I used the book was as a supplement to full practice tests. If I noticed I was getting lots of flaws incorrect, then I would sit there and hit up the flaw section of the mastery book until I felt I had corrected my errors.

I'm not sure how conducive the Mastery book is for sitting there and just working through the entire book. There are no lessons or anything. Just questions.

typ3

Silver

Post by typ3 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:25 pm

I like to use it with the Pscore bibles. So you learn the strategies for flaw questions in the LR bible.. and then go do 100 of them using the strategies.

username1212121212

New

Post by username1212121212 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:26 pm

typ3 wrote:The book has about 25 PTs in it rearranged by question type. You could do it in two weeks probably, but 3-4 is best imo so you can review all mistakes.
i don't think this is correct. it seems to have questions from PT 5-37, but i'm not sure how they decide what questions from which tests to use--or if there even is a method to their madness. for example let's take the LR section since this is what most people buy the book for. if there were 25 PT's you would expect there to be approximately 25 questions per LR section, with 2 LR sections for a total of 1,250 questions. but i just counted and there are only 789 LR questions. this is really throwing off my studying because i don't want to accidently spoil the PT's i'm planning on doing later. can someone clarify how kaplan decides what questions to use?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”