Retaking LSAT in June,Got 164 Feb-Averaged 90 Raw score b4 Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
xxinfinity

New

Retaking LSAT in June,Got 164 Feb-Averaged 90 Raw score b4

Post by xxinfinity » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:52 pm

Hi everyone,

I just took the february test and got a 164 which wasn't what I expected since I was averaging 90 on the raw score, so expected at least a 167. I was quite anxious/nervous and I didn't take enough timed tests I think. But I took almost every preptest from 2004-2009 and some in 90s, 2000. So I'm concerned, what else can I do to study?

I took testmasters, but in Oct 2005, twice and got a 160 then, didn't really study that much though. Don't want to pay for another course. Was reading a lot about the powerscore bibles, thinking about getting those and maybe just taking preptests again but all timed this time.

Also does anyone know if my Oct 2005 score will show up when I apply this Fall? Since the scores expire after 5 years, I'm not sure if I apply in November early decision?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

vampy

New

Re: Retaking LSAT in June,Got 164 Feb-Averaged 90 Raw score b4

Post by vampy » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:54 pm

You might want to first understand how the LSAT is scored and equated...What your raw score is means zero. What matters is what your scaled score average was.

azbio

New

Post by azbio » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:09 pm

vampy wrote:You might want to first understand how the LSAT is scored and equated...What your raw score is means zero. What matters is what your scaled score average was.
Geez man, whats with the attitude? How do you figure your scaled score if not by your raw score? Obviously the raw score means something.

To the OP, I'm in the same boat. I've taken A LOT of practice tests, but my score was much lower than I had hoped or expected. You could go back and take older tests, they probably won't be as good at predicting your score on future tests, but they could still be helpful in learning to work through the questions quickly and efficiently.

xxinfinity

New

Post by xxinfinity » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:25 pm

Actually Raw score means a lot. If you look throughout the forums on LSATs you can see that this is reiterated.
And the scale has changed a lot and it can change depending on the test. The scale can differ even within the year, since it is a curved test. Anyways, I don't want to spend my question time explaining the basics to someone ;)...
But FYI:
My scaled score ranged from 176 to 162, but my raw score was pretty averaged at 90. A 90 can be a 168-172 depending on the scale.

I think the old test might be a good idea.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”