how to study 3rd time around? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
tsbotros

New

how to study 3rd time around?

Post by tsbotros » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:20 pm

n
Last edited by tsbotros on Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tsbotros

New

Re: how to study 3rd time around?

Post by tsbotros » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:48 pm

anyone?

JasonR

Bronze

Post by JasonR » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:53 pm

BP isn't going to do anything for you that TM didn't. No course is.

If you aren't yet making 180s on all previous PTs, you still have plenty of material to use for studying. Actually, if you're not hitting -0 on all of your previous PTs, you still have material. You don't have pure, unspoiled PTs, but you have tons of questions you struggled with and answered incorrectly along with dozens and dozens of logic games to rework and rework again.

tsbotros

New

Post by tsbotros » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:06 pm

So you think i should just go through all 60 tests again over the next 3 months or should i stay focused on the more recent tests?

scribelaw

Silver

Post by scribelaw » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:08 pm

You went through every single test?

Did you do the SuperPrep book that has some February administrations?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tsbotros

New

Post by tsbotros » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:11 pm

n
Last edited by tsbotros on Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:24 am

I got the same score twice and 5 points higher this time around, which is amazing and I am thrilled because I thought I did worse than the first two times.

things I did for my 3rd time: I went through the lgb and lrb AGAIN. yes, third time. do it again if you havent already. also, following each chapter i did a set of questions of that type.

i think my score was higher because of games. i still didnt finish the section in time and had to guess on 3, but i def got the ones I did correct. I think the key to a solid score is mastering the games. keep doing them. I used kaplans logic games workbook, it was great

also use kaplan advanced for all 3 section practice

I probably did about 4 times practice tests. I wish I had done more because timing was an issue for me with reading comp, and that wasnt the case my 2nd time. I was rusty with timing because my last timed test was sept 09 and so I prob should have done a few more.

I think you should focus on doing questions (always time yourself)

also, I started writing out the questions i got wrong in lr. I wrote the stimulus, stem, and every answer choice. amazing the thing you pick uup when youre writing them. This improved my lr score.

scribelaw

Silver

Post by scribelaw » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:29 am

tsbotros wrote:Yea I went through those 3 tests also. i was averaging low 160's but haven't hit my potential on actual test day. I am not a morning person so I am thinking that the 12:30 start time for the June test could actually be beneficial.
You said in your OP that you were relatively happy with the 158. If you've already taken it twice, and taken all 40-odd PTs, you might ask yourself whether you've tapped out your score. You can get into law school with a 158, probably somewhere in the T2.

tsbotros

New

Post by tsbotros » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:53 pm

Thanks for the advice. Goosey, do you have specific links to the kaplan books so that I can look them up online?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”