Improve Reading for LSAT -- Where can I buy old magazines? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
june2010_lsatprep

New

Improve Reading for LSAT -- Where can I buy old magazines?

Post by june2010_lsatprep » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:13 pm

I want to improve my reading skills by reading print-version of magazines such as The Economist, The Journal of American History,Legal Affairs etc. Since buying print version of these magazines is going to be expensive, I was thinking may be I could buy past issues of these magazines (from 2009 or 2008) and read these everyday for 2 hours. But I can't find any place where I would be able to buy past issues of magazines. Do you guys have any ideas? (I already tried ebay, amazon.......)

Also, which magazines should I buy? I have heard a lot of people agree that The Economist would be pretty good. What other magazines do you guys think could be helpful? I am a Finance Major so I will probably find the Economist interesting. I want to read something I am not interested in.
Last edited by june2010_lsatprep on Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.

savesthedayajb

Silver

Re: Improve Reading for LSAT -- Where can I buy old magazines?

Post by savesthedayajb » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:16 pm

call the magazine companies, they may send you old copies for free or for a discounted price.

oldfart

New

Post by oldfart » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:43 pm

barter them from the homeless who use them as a blanket by giving them an actual blanket instead...

chutzpah

Bronze

Post by chutzpah » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:51 pm

go to a library with an archival collection. as a bonus, reading with all the ruckus around you will help you prepare for sub-par exam conditions.

oldfart

New

Post by oldfart » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:56 pm

In all seriousness. try Google Library.

http://books.google.com/

abbas123

Bronze

Post by abbas123 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:04 pm

chutzpah wrote:go to a library with an archival collection. as a bonus, reading with all the ruckus around you will help you prepare for sub-par exam conditions.
+1

they'll usually let you take out old issues of magazines for a few weeks.

for online stuff, just go to the magazine's website and print out articles. if you go to a university or still have online access to databases as an alum, you pretty much have access to print out whatever you want from most magazines and journals

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”