Sending new scores Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Bruiser

New

Sending new scores

Post by Bruiser » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:01 am

When the new scores come out, does LSAC automatically send them the schools you have sent applications to? I have my application complete and they are waiting on my Feb. score. When it gets sent, will it show up under reports? I can see where they sent my application and everything with it, so I am guessing it will show up there?
Ugh, this waiting is killing me! I try to focus on other things (which I have plenty going on) but it still pops up in my head regularly.

lawschoollll

Bronze

Re: Sending new scores

Post by lawschoollll » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:35 pm

Sent automatically, but have you notified your schools to hold your application until the new score comes out? I am an auto-deny at some of the schools I applied to with my old score, so I asked them to wait for the new score and review me based on that score. They've all gotten back to me saying that's fine. I'd recommend it.

Bruiser

New

Post by Bruiser » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:19 pm

Yes, I did notify admissions to hold my application (which they emailed me and vertified they did). Will it show that it was sent at LSAC under reports sent?

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:21 pm

lawschoollll wrote:Sent automatically, but have you notified your schools to hold your application until the new score comes out? I am an auto-deny at some of the schools I applied to with my old score, so I asked them to wait for the new score and review me based on that score. They've all gotten back to me saying that's fine. I'd recommend it.
I did that too. If my new score is good, I'll notify all of my schools to expect "x" score from LSAC in the coming days. Figure it can't hurt to give them the heads up if I go from borderline or auto-deny to closer to admit status.

lawschoollll

Bronze

Post by lawschoollll » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:49 pm

Bruiser wrote:Yes, I did notify admissions to hold my application (which they emailed me and vertified they did). Will it show that it was sent at LSAC under reports sent?
It should, but check just in case.

raperez129

Bronze

Post by raperez129 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:57 pm

You can check with LSAC, but I believe a update report is generated and provided to any school that previously requested a report when either a new score is received, or an additional assigned LOR is received. It is up to the school to wait on the new info. Most schools will flag your file for "HOLD until LSAT release" if you ask them.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”