Testmasters Course Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Campagnolo

Silver

Testmasters Course

Post by Campagnolo » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:28 pm

Is anyone in Portland planning on taking the Testmasters course for the June LSAT? I ask because I'm wondering what happens if no one else signs up. If they cancel the course I won't have enough time to sign up for the Powerscore class. This is a big problem, as I am set on taking the LSAT this June and definitely need the motivation a class will give me. Has anyone heard of this happening before?

Does anyone have any fresh thoughts on Testmasters as a whole? Anyone taken it recently? And please, no griping that they don't hire people who post on TLS (and who can blame them; we do tend to be a bunch of negative Nancys).

Thanks everyone.

Campagnolo

Silver

Re: Testmasters Course

Post by Campagnolo » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:36 pm

Really? No one has anything new to say about Testmasters? I find that hard to believe.

BigFatPanda

Bronze

Post by BigFatPanda » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:45 pm

Campagnolo wrote:Is anyone in Portland planning on taking the Testmasters course for the June LSAT? I ask because I'm wondering what happens if no one else signs up. If they cancel the course I won't have enough time to sign up for the Powerscore class. This is a big problem, as I am set on taking the LSAT this June and definitely need the motivation a class will give me. Has anyone heard of this happening before?

Does anyone have any fresh thoughts on Testmasters as a whole? Anyone taken it recently? And please, no griping that they don't hire people who post on TLS (and who can blame them; we do tend to be a bunch of negative Nancys).

Thanks everyone.
If you are completely new to the world of LSAT, i think it is a wise choice to take Testmasters for the following reasons:
1. If you buy the PowerScore Bibles, LSAT Deconstructed series, and its Game Setup guide, there is no reason for you to spend extra money on their course because all the materials they're going to teach you in class you can learn it on your own.
2. Testmasters does a very neat job in breaking down the LR and RC according to its respective classifications and they organize real questions from past LSATs into groups of 50-100 according to said classifications so you can practice the hell out of them.
3. While their logical game instructions are very similar to what you would get from PowerScore Game Bible, however, you should take advantage of their one on one tutoring. I personally did not because i am cheap piece of crap but my friends had good thing to say about the quality of that tutoring.

All and all, Testmasters is an excellent intro to the world of LSAT.

However, if you are like me who was already familiar with the world of LSAT before taking Testmasters, i would say you should just study on your own instead of burning $1400 because Testmasters assume all their students are complete newbies and They emphasize understanding why an answer is correct over say getting the correct answer within the time constraint of LSAT. Throughout the process, i felt like i was just distracted by wasting time on things i've already learned. In retrospect, i should've just get their one on one tutoring on LG (the section that i was weak on).

And plus, some of the instructors are so smart that they made me felt like i have the IQ of Forest Gump (I know I know, its not their fault that i am dumbass).

Campagnolo

Silver

Post by Campagnolo » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:46 pm

[strike]Last bump before all my faith is gone.[/strike]

My faith is partially restored.
Last edited by Campagnolo on Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:48 pm

Campagnolo wrote:Last bump before all my faith is gone.
Did you miss the whole deal on TLS where a Testmasters employee outed a TLS member?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Campagnolo

Silver

Post by Campagnolo » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:53 pm

I didn't catch the details, and I don't particularly care all that much. Unless, of course, they ousted someone taking the class rather than someone teaching it. If that's the case, someone let me know.

Campagnolo

Silver

Post by Campagnolo » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:59 pm

You can't just tease me like that! Someone let me know if it's a Testmasters teacher who was fired, or if a student was kicked out of the class.

abbas123

Bronze

Post by abbas123 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:14 pm

Campagnolo wrote:You can't just tease me like that! Someone let me know if it's a Testmasters teacher who was fired, or if a student was kicked out of the class.
neither

--LinkRemoved--

Campagnolo

Silver

Post by Campagnolo » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Okay, so apparently someone at Testmasters is very unprofessional. At the same time, I'm fine with what happened on a basic level. They can choose to hire whomever they please, just so long as that person can teach me how to attack AR.

And so I ask again: has anyone taken the Testmasters course recently? Was it beneficial? I took a cold and timed diagnostic was 164. Will they help me bring that up?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”