Timing of the 02/06/2010 grades release? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
jpalting

New

Timing of the 02/06/2010 grades release?

Post by jpalting » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:20 pm

Does anyone think that the LSAC may release the results of the 02/06/2010 LSAT earlier since many of the testing centers in the east were closed down and presumably they will have fewer tests to grade?

jks289

Silver

Re: Timing of the 02/06/2010 grades release?

Post by jks289 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:21 pm

jpalting wrote:Does anyone think that the LSAC may release the results of the 02/06/2010 LSAT earlier since many of the testing centers in the east were closed down and presumably they will have fewer tests to grade?
If anything this means later, since those people have to make up their tests this week and there are two versions to score.

charlesxavier

Bronze

Post by charlesxavier » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:25 pm

jks289 wrote:
jpalting wrote:Does anyone think that the LSAC may release the results of the 02/06/2010 LSAT earlier since many of the testing centers in the east were closed down and presumably they will have fewer tests to grade?
If anything this means later, since those people have to make up their tests this week and there are two versions to score.
I have no idea how the process works, but I would think that they would make sure that everything came out on time due to the fact that application deadlines are close.

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:36 pm

charlesxavier wrote:
jks289 wrote:
I have no idea how the process works, but I would think that they would make sure that everything came out on time due to the fact that application deadlines are close.
Agreed. I think they come out on or before 3/1 no matter what. But typically the come out a few days in advance of the official email date. I think the closures mean we might be closer to 3/1 than people have in the past. Or it will have zero impact whatsoever.

chunkystrohs

New

Post by chunkystrohs » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:48 pm

Because it is the February test, do we just get our score and nothing else? How about raw score? or number wrong per section?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dynomite

Bronze

Post by dynomite » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:03 pm

chunkystrohs wrote:Because it is the February test, do we just get our score and nothing else? How about raw score? or number wrong per section?
It's my understanding that we get a score and a percentile, and that's it? Absolutely nothing else: no raw score, no curve number, no breakdown by section, nada.

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:24 pm

dynomite wrote:
chunkystrohs wrote:Because it is the February test, do we just get our score and nothing else? How about raw score? or number wrong per section?
It's my understanding that we get a score and a percentile, and that's it? Absolutely nothing else: no raw score, no curve number, no breakdown by section, nada.
Yikes, I didn't know we didn't even get the curve or raw score. I though we just didn't get to see the questions or the ones we got right/wrong. Brutal!!

Forcier

New

Post by Forcier » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:49 pm

jks289 wrote:
dynomite wrote:
Yikes, I didn't know we didn't even get the curve or raw score. I though we just didn't get to see the questions or the ones we got right/wrong. Brutal!!
man... ice cold.

I think i'm just coming out of it to fess up to this now... but I didn't do my best on LG but I still probably had a shot at a decent score except my fifth section was RC and I wrapped up with one minute left... put down my pencil... exhaled... and realized I had 28 bubbled for 27 questions... Fail.

I almost want to cancel than see my score and not know how I did on each section. I can tell you I found out the mistake was around question 14 or so but I came at least 2-3 short of correcting them all... plus I doubt I did a very good erase job and I wonder if the scantron will pick up the erasers. Even if I ended up doing alright not knowing what happened is going to kill me. I was already fluctuating widely (last 7 PTs in a week between 175 & 165 avg 169) but now I wouldn't be shocked if I was sub 160.

monkeyboy

Bronze

Post by monkeyboy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:22 pm

jks289 wrote:
dynomite wrote:
Someone at LSAC told me over the phone that we get to see our score, percentile rank, and the raw score, but nothing else. I could have been misinformed, as I posed the question to include all of those. It may be that the person I spoke with didn't quite know or that they weren't paying attention. Hopefully the person I spoke with knew what they were talking about.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

gltm

New

Post by gltm » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:24 pm

For Feb tests, you get your item response report with just your LSAT score as well as score range. You will also receive a copy of your writing sample. Lastly, you'll receive your Item Response Report with just the basic raw score and percentile chart....

That's about it.

dbrddr

Bronze

Post by dbrddr » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:11 pm

r
gltm wrote:Lastly, you'll receive your Item Response Report with just the basic raw score and percentile chart....
Wait.. we get our raw score?? That can't be right, can it? We know there were 100 questions in all, so if someone has a raw score of 89 and gets a 170, we'll know the curve was -11. One would think LSAC would do everything in its power not to allow us to figure out the curve for this test.

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:48 pm

dbrddr wrote:r
gltm wrote:Lastly, you'll receive your Item Response Report with just the basic raw score and percentile chart....
Wait.. we get our raw score?? That can't be right, can it? We know there were 100 questions in all, so if someone has a raw score of 89 and gets a 170, we'll know the curve was -11. One would think LSAC would do everything in its power not to allow us to figure out the curve for this test.
What is the rationale to that? I understand not disclosing the questions and answers. Even the bubbled in answer sheets if someone had a crazy good memory, but why not let us see the raw scores and the curve? What would it hurt?

vampy

New

Post by vampy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:53 pm

So we don't get to see our answer sheet to make sure the machine did not misgrade our test?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

JTX

Bronze

Post by JTX » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:58 pm

vampy wrote:So we don't get to see our answer sheet to make sure the machine did not misgrade our test?
yeah that seems like BS. what if my erasing was not effective at all?!

Pricer

Silver

Post by Pricer » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:34 pm

jtxcounitah wrote:
vampy wrote:So we don't get to see our answer sheet to make sure the machine did not misgrade our test?
yeah that seems like BS. what if my erasing was not effective at all?!
Agreed. I had one section that I erased a previous answer and filled in another as time was called. When I rushed to jerk my pencil away in that crucial second, I smeared about five of my answers on one section. I couldn't erase the smear, as the test was over. If I could use a mechanical pencil, that wouldn't happen.

monkeyboy

Bronze

Post by monkeyboy » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:48 pm

We can pay to have our tests hand scored.

evergirl23

Bronze

Post by evergirl23 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:56 pm

dbrddr wrote:r

I posted this in another thread as well...

Non-disclosed means you get your raw score only - you don't get your answers or the credited answers, nor do you get the numbers you got right or wrong or the conversion table.

This is per the Item Response Report Additional Information PDF that I received after the December administration. It states that on your Item Response Report, those who take undisclosed administrations will have blank sections for the Question Response Data (#s right and wrong) and the LSAT Question Responses (the grid of your answers and the credited answers). You will also not receive your answer sheet, the disclosure book or the conversion table.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

existenz

Silver

Post by existenz » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:11 pm

npodlask11

New

Post by npodlask11 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:21 pm

this is lame. why is february like this?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”