Rules on February LG Section Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
charlesxavier

Bronze

Rules on February LG Section

Post by charlesxavier » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:31 pm

I can't remember if it was in the experimental section or the real thing but there were at least two rules that were in the format of "y comes after x and after z". It's a basic rule but I had to stop myself on both occasions from putting x-y-z. I was so used to seeing the rule in that format (y comes after x and before z) that I automatically interpreted it that way, luckily I quickly corrected it. I haven't taken dozens and dozens of preptests, but I thought it was weird to see that format for the rules more than once in the games. Nerves on test day can definitely make things a lot harder than they really are.
Last edited by charlesxavier on Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

missinglink

Silver

Re: Rules on February LG Section

Post by missinglink » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:47 pm

Last edited by missinglink on Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JayTal

Bronze

Post by JayTal » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:49 pm

charlesxavier wrote:I can't remember if it was in the experimental section or the real thing but there were at least two rules that were in the format of "y comes after x and after z". It's a basic rule but I had to stop myself on both occasions from putting x-y-z. I was so used to seeing the rule in that format (y comes after x and before y) that I automatically interpreted it that way, luckily I quickly corrected it. I haven't taken dozens and dozens of preptests, but I thought it was weird to see that format for the rules more than once in the games. Nerves on test day can definitely make things a lot harder than they really are.
That would be a bitch to diagram... :lol:

cdnguy

New

Post by cdnguy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:04 pm

lol.

charlesxavier

Bronze

Post by charlesxavier » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:06 pm

Sorry, I had a typo on my original. Yeah, it might have been my experimental section, by the end of the LSAT the first section felt like it happened days ago.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

s0ph1e2007

Silver

Post by s0ph1e2007 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:23 pm

I know what you're talking about
But I had the experimental too so who knows if it was real or not

cookie4me

New

Post by cookie4me » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:36 am

charlesxavier wrote:I can't remember if it was in the experimental section or the real thing but there were at least two rules that were in the format of "y comes after x and after z". It's a basic rule but I had to stop myself on both occasions from putting x-y-z. I was so used to seeing the rule in that format (y comes after x and before z) that I automatically interpreted it that way, luckily I quickly corrected it. I haven't taken dozens and dozens of preptests, but I thought it was weird to see that format for the rules more than once in the games. Nerves on test day can definitely make things a lot harder than they really are.

Based on the other threads, it seems that section was part of the experimental. I had that too. It was friggin annoying that I messed up that part of the rule and needed to re-diagram the master sketch and re-do the "if" questions. Seriously hoping it really was the experimental...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”