LR-LG-LR-RC-LR Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ljbc03

New

Re: LR-LG-LR-RC-LR

Post by ljbc03 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:44 pm

i thght the rc was hard (mostly the comparative and the fourth passage)... how did u study for those or have u always been good?

sophia.olive

Silver

Post by sophia.olive » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:53 pm

not sure if your talking to me but.... i would read the bible for fun then do nothing it tells you to do. just practice circling, and summarizing in your head, as you read thick stuff. In circling and underling you are reading the important words twice and you shouldnt even have to reference back to the text then(maybe once of twice). trust your gut for broad questions after you have seen a general pattern in several (10) tests. go over wrong answers.

ljbc03

New

Post by ljbc03 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:44 pm

Thanks sophia. i read the bible and it did help a little. but i know i am not the type to write summary notes. i'll work on the boxing and getting used to question types. i've taken all of the practices tests as i've spent about 3 months studying. sometimes i'll do RC -1 or -3 other times it'll be around -6 to -9. It is the variation that kills me--and it is mostly due to time as i do close readings and then have very little time for the questions.

you don't read the questions first do you? I haven't tried it because no testprep site has mentioned it. but at this point, since it is the timing that really messes me up, maybe it'll help.

anyhow, thanks for the reply!

existenz

Silver

Post by existenz » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:52 pm

Here's my little piece of advice. On the comparative passage section, I quickly glance at the questions to see how many refer to only one of the passages. If there are a few questions that refer to just passage B, for example, I will read Passage B first, answer those questions, then read Passage A and answer the remaining questions.

This works well because it eliminates the noise and confusion of two separate passages, which can trip you up if the question is only about one passage.

Ex: Look at PT 56 (Roma/Gypsies). There are two questions only about Passage A. In PT 57 (Willa Cather) there are two questions only about Passage B. Answering those questions is much easier if your mind is not jumbled up with info from the other passage.

On the Feb LSAT last week, there was only one question that was about just one of the passages. Still, I think it is a worthwhile strategy.

charlesxavier

Bronze

Post by charlesxavier » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:59 pm

existenz wrote:Here's my little piece of advice. On the comparative passage section, I quickly glance at the questions to see how many refer to only one of the passages. If there are a few questions that refer to just passage B, for example, I will read Passage B first, answer those questions, then read Passage A and answer the remaining questions.

This works well because it eliminates the noise and confusion of two separate passages, which can trip you up if the question is only about one passage.

Ex: Look at PT 56 (Roma/Gypsies). There are two questions only about Passage A. In PT 57 (Willa Cather) there are two questions only about Passage B. Answering those questions is much easier if your mind is not jumbled up with info from the other passage.

On the Feb LSAT last week, there was only one question that was about just one of the passages. Still, I think it is a worthwhile strategy.
I do/did the exact same thing. It really helps me to avoid confusing facts from both passages.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sophia.olive

Silver

Post by sophia.olive » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:22 pm

well.... i always find comparative really easy (i do take an extra pause after the first section just to grasp the scope) and what you just said confused me so i guess its not for everyone. I personally dont read questions first for anything unless i feel like the stimulus is a LR parallel then ill glance down to make sure. The test is confusing enough etc.. so i just follow the format and try not to jump around. (then again im not in the high 170's) I miss around 0 to 3 on rc, and i usually miss main idea questions, so i know its coming whether or not i read the questions, i just sometimes pick something too specific. here reading the questions first may even hurt me.

sophia.olive

Silver

Post by sophia.olive » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:23 pm

is it just me (lr lg lr rc lr) or was the whole test pretty easy except 16-20 on the last lr. am i the only one that thought this?

did no one have difficulty with 16 - 20 on section two logical reasoning

dongbazu

New

Post by dongbazu » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:39 pm

Was the very first question of the one of the LRs asking for "the main expression (conclusion) of the argument??

trying to figure out if this was the exp.

lawchampion

Bronze

Post by lawchampion » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:42 pm

so what's the general consensus regarding the LR: which one was the experimental 1st or 3rd?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lawchampion

Bronze

Post by lawchampion » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:51 pm

Any thoughts?

chunkystrohs

New

Post by chunkystrohs » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:01 pm

The first LR, I think.

raperez129

Bronze

Post by raperez129 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:21 pm

I also had LR-LG-LR-RC-LR

I *hope* it was the 1st LR. There were a couple in the first 10 that seemed pretty hard to be among those that are suppose to be easy. I remember I had to re-read the first 2-3 questions a couple times, and I usually don't have to do that. Or, it could have been first section nerves making me unable to focus. :?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”