So when will the makeup test be? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
schand

New

Re: So when will the makeup test be?

Post by schand » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:22 pm

Do you guys really think they will reschedule for this Saturday? Have they ever rescheduled for three weeks after the original test date?

GentlemanJim

Bronze

Post by GentlemanJim » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:42 pm

That seems all kind of unfair, particularly for the folks who are currently experiencing blizzard #2. They need to reschedule for next Saturday.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:20 pm

GentlemanJim wrote:That seems all kind of unfair, particularly for the folks who are currently experiencing blizzard #2. They need to reschedule for next Saturday.
Meh, not really. I took a PT and I'm going to study more later since I have a "snow day" from work, so if it's this Saturday I won't be too upset. (I do, however, think it will end up being next Saturday)

Sofiya345

New

Post by Sofiya345 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:33 pm

anyone hear about South Shore HS in brooklyn, NY?

chintand

New

Post by chintand » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:48 pm

anyone hear about upenn in philadelphia either? idk it just seems like we should've at least received an email if our makeup exams were going to be this saturday..its not a study issue but moreso a logistical issue..people need to know so they are in the area....my guess is it'll the following saturday but i'm still studying as if it were this saturday idk

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rtvendetti

New

Post by rtvendetti » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:35 pm

yeah they should really have sent an email and of ccourse the lsac is closed today..so yeah if i find out tht my test is tis saturday im gna be upset..i havent done hardly any studying this week..not tht it mattrs at this point but i would have liked to get into the mindset of taking the test the whole week and do 2 pts n all that..now i gotta wait another day to see when i could had my 2nd pt done tomm

DannyBoy_07

New

Post by DannyBoy_07 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:49 pm

This whole situation is a bunch of horse shit.

I hear it may snow next weekend. I need to meet the March 1st deadline LSAC. Please care about me.

Thanks.

rtvendetti

New

Post by rtvendetti » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:54 pm

me too me too..apps are out just awaiting a score..its good that i was told we sould have our test results the same time as the others but THEY need to tell us when we are taking it..we shouldnt have to coninuously call

rtvendetti

New

Post by rtvendetti » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:02 pm

anything think that our test center would know if its this weekend or not? at least maybe we can call there and see until the lsac office opens tomm

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jd1

New

Post by jd1 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:17 pm

With regard to the UNC Asheville testing site......Since LSAC is conveniently closed today, I've tried to call/email the UNCA professional center to find out if the test will be administered this weekend....no word yet. In other news, why is it everytime I call LSAC their employees seem "mad at the World' ? Anyone ?

rtvendetti

New

Post by rtvendetti » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:26 pm

update: most schools have a national testing center you can call and see if there is one scheduled for your school..i called mine and the lady was pretty sure there was nothing here this weekend..so that eases my mind a lil but i still want to call me lsac and confirm that

wiseowl

Silver

Post by wiseowl » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:31 pm

jd1 wrote:With regard to the UNC Asheville testing site......Since LSAC is conveniently closed today, I've tried to call/email the UNCA professional center to find out if the test will be administered this weekend....no word yet. In other news, why is it everytime I call LSAC their employees seem "mad at the World' ? Anyone ?
In fairness to LSAC, it's "conveniently closed" because they're in Philly and they're getting 20 inches of snow. They're people too and their safety is not worth 24 hours of student inconvenience.

Also, they are most likely "mad at the world" because they have answered thousands of calls like yours. They're likely just as frustrated as you are - they are in no position to dictate to these schools and centers whether they will hold a test or not. If the school can accomodate them, they will, but LSAC is waiting, just like you.

Again, the main point of this thread - take June and October if you need two tests. Relying on December and February is a big gamble.

christopher1108

New

Post by christopher1108 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:50 pm

I took the December test and remember that some test center(s) was/were cancelled for the originally scheduled date of Dec. 5th. The scores were released to all on Dec 28th.(including the LSAC office being closed for christmas) My question is does anyone know how long after the original was the retake scheduled? Just trying to see how long it took to get those scored

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

swords

New

Post by swords » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:42 pm

I think 2 weeks from the original test date. Granted they only had to score a few test centers as oppose to all the test centers that closed last weekend. I think LSAC's problems also lays in the fact that they are unable to get any updates from alot of schools that were hit last weekend with the snow on their availability.

I know for the most part, schools have been closed since last friday in the DC area. So LSAC cant exactly get a date down if they dont know when the schools will be able to accommodate them. Again this is just what I "think" and not necessarily know for sure. I imagine them administering tests over the next 3 weeks will allow them to release scores on time as they wouldnt have a massive influx of tests that will come in all at once.

Good luck to all

jd1

New

Post by jd1 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:03 pm

Re: UNC Asheville Make-Up Test

Yes, we submitted 2/27 to LSAC as the makeup date.
The reporting address will be a different building, but LSAC should contact you when they reopen. Unfortunately, we do not have the contact info for those scheduled to take the test and also don't have the authority to make decisions regarding it, we only administer it.

I'm sorry you are having trouble getting the info. and I realize it is a very important test for those who are taking it. Hopefully, LSAC will reopen soon and be able to answer questions.

See you soon-
Nancy

christopher1108

New

Post by christopher1108 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:10 pm

So I wonder what this is going to do to the release of the test that was administered on 2/6 as scheduled? This could be tricky...do they hold everyone's score (the release date is "approximate"), or do they release them as scheduled and score the postponed test as they come in? There is countless scenarios and I haven't a clue what happens???

albanach

Gold

Post by albanach » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:01 pm

A 2/27 test date would give those test takers until Friday 5th March to cancel their scores.

Presumably if folk test on that date, scores could not be released before then?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Sofiya345

New

Post by Sofiya345 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:37 am

For any1 interested, I called my testing center in Brooklyn, NY and the woman there said that the LSAC requested 2/27 as the make-up date !!! I have no comments, I am in shock.

schand

New

Post by schand » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:29 pm

This is soo not cool. Why won't lsac tell us anything?? If the lsat was reschedule on 2/27 at one test center, will they try to administer the test on that date at the other test centers too? Arghh.

rtvendetti

New

Post by rtvendetti » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:34 pm

LSAC is closed today so we cant them either....lol i was just worried about if the test is this weekend..now im assuming that wont happen at all..idc when i take it, i just want the scores to be released the same day..i already had penn state calling me asking whats up with the test lol

dreamscometrue

New

Post by dreamscometrue » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:43 pm

I'm wondering whether they reschedule the test by state? Btw, Hampton University's makeup date is 2/20.
The weather isn't anyone's fault obviously, but it's still frustrating because most of the testing centers are closed, and LSAC is as well. Hoping LSAC will open/send us a letter tomorrow so at least we'll have some info before this weekend.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

rtvendetti

New

Post by rtvendetti » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:47 pm

we wont be getting any email soon if snow keeps getting dumped on alltentown pa lol..ugh and why did i just think of the contropositive of that statement..seee we need to take this test i cant take it anymore lol

dreamscometrue

New

Post by dreamscometrue » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:54 pm

Yeah just want to get this darn test over with. Would rather not have to wait until October to take it again.
If anyone thinks it's nice having the makeup test, it's really not. An extra two weeks to study isn't worth the stress/worry/uncertainty/ruined plans.

Me-a Culpa

Bronze

Post by Me-a Culpa » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:08 pm

Wow, not having a make-up test date is lame. I timed my PT's and study to peak at test day, and did every test so I'd have nothing left undone. 2-3 weeks more puts you at a disadvantage.

February is late for fall 2010, and this is not helping. Dang, it's cruel.

albanach

Gold

Post by albanach » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:40 pm

Me-a Culpa wrote:Wow, not having a make-up test date is lame. I timed my PT's and study to peak at test day, and did every test so I'd have nothing left undone. 2-3 weeks more puts you at a disadvantage.
I think you exaggerate. There's over 200 individual games and RC articles plus over 5,000 LR questions. You can find stuff to go over, even if you've done it before.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”