LSAT Reschedule In Brooklyn Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
AffirmativeFaction

New

LSAT Reschedule In Brooklyn

Post by AffirmativeFaction » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:51 pm

Why would it have been that for 2 schools, 10 minutes apart from each other, one was open and one was closed due to the weather?

I'm not complaining but I am just curious as to Brooklyn College would be open but South shore HS not. Does it have to do with the school's maintenance staff not being there to plow the snow?

booboo

Silver

Re: LSAT Reschedule In Brooklyn

Post by booboo » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:53 pm

AffirmativeFaction wrote:Why would it have been that for 2 schools, 10 minutes apart from each other, one was open and one was closed due to the weather?

I'm not complaining but I am just curious as to Brooklyn College would be open but South shore HS not. Does it have to do with the school's maintenance staff not being there to plow the snow?
Come on man, it's South Shore High School...

You really think they wanted the 85 year old Janitor sweeping the 1 inch of snow Brooklyn on a Saturday?

:P.

AffirmativeFaction

New

Post by AffirmativeFaction » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:56 pm

True enough... Poor old Rufus. Just interesting how things work out! I guess you can't write your exam in the snow and be in the hood at the same time either... Too much anxiety for test-day.

mazz

New

Post by mazz » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:02 pm

we sat around at Brooklyn college until nearly 10. it was terrible.

and the proctors...holy god

Neil

Bronze

Post by Neil » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:06 pm

I saw this post and realized I have not yet been outside today. You had me worried there was a snow storm and I somehow missed it. I just looked out my window, though, and there is no snow on the ground. The LSAT was canceled in Brooklyn?!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

AffirmativeFaction

New

Post by AffirmativeFaction » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Neil wrote:I saw this post and realized I have not yet been outside today. You had me worried there was a snow storm and I somehow missed it. I just looked out my window, though, and there is no snow on the ground. The LSAT was canceled in Brooklyn?!
And in Staten Island... At Wagner.

The snow wasn't bad at all... People know to leave earlier, and it definitely wasn't enough to keep the doors from opening.

AffirmativeFaction

New

Post by AffirmativeFaction » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:09 pm

mazz wrote:we sat around at Brooklyn college until nearly 10. it was terrible.

and the proctors...holy god
Amen... I wonder if you wrote in the same room as me. It was not well organized at all... Half the lights in our room weren't working either so some kids were sitting in the dark.

mazz

New

Post by mazz » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:44 pm

we were in the same room. i'm almost sure you're one of four people in that room:

the army guy, his friend, the tall guy in the back rear of the room, or the guy in the front near the door near me.

i was the black haired guy 4th row from the door. how come NOBODY spoke english (correctly)?

je_ne_regrette_rien

New

Post by je_ne_regrette_rien » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:51 pm

I think it's ridiculous that they canceled. I woke up in Manhattan at 6:30 and looked out the window. It was flurrying (but fiercely. lol) so I checked LSAC anyway to be safe... seriously wtf. I was shocked when I saw that centers in Brooklyn and SI were closed.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”