anyone think they 180ed today? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
macaulian

New

anyone think they 180ed today?

Post by macaulian » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:13 pm

Im curious to see if anyone else walked out feeling like they got a perfect. Anyone feel they nailed it? I thought it was a lot easier than other recent tests.

DarkPhantom

Bronze

Re: anyone think they 180ed today?

Post by DarkPhantom » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:15 pm

The question is, do YOU think you got a 180?

Not me by the even the slightest measure. I'll be happy with anything in the 160s...

Thirteen

Diamond

Post by Thirteen » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:19 pm

Nope.

shannoon118

New

Post by shannoon118 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:33 pm

I want to know what the experimental section is.

I had two logic game sections. Did anyone without two logic games section have the one about grass and moss?

kacee

New

Post by kacee » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:42 pm

I feel like it's possible that I did, but I doubt it. Way too much room for misreading or bad luck. Agonized over 2-3 questions and it only takes one (or if the curve is very generous, two) of those to knock it off 180. LG wasn't a problem though and I feel like I did better on RC than I've done on any of my PTs. I feel very, very good though, and won't rule it out until the score is in front of me.

The real LG had the classes, the juicer/mixer and the nature trails.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jocelyne

Bronze

Post by jocelyne » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:09 pm

Last edited by jocelyne on Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Miznitic

Bronze

Post by Miznitic » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:13 pm

shannoon118 wrote:I want to know what the experimental section is.

I had two logic game sections. Did anyone without two logic games section have the one about grass and moss?
Grass/Moss = Experimental. I only had one LG section but two RC sections. Didn't have that one in it. Had the bloody juicer one in it.

macaulian

New

Post by macaulian » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:14 pm

I think I missed one question, on the LR

princepointe

New

Post by princepointe » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:16 pm

I don't think I 180'd but I sure as hell 170'd. I crushed LR and LG. Only got hung up on about 7 questions total and was able to 50/50 them. I may be crazy but I found this LSAT kinda fun. The material wasn't as dry as usual. I coule better understand the writing. I got a 166 the first time I took it and thought I bombed it. Hopefully since i'm fairly confident in a good score I dont 150 it.lol

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

tikiman6

Bronze

Post by tikiman6 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:43 pm

I'm with princepointe. I felt really good, but getting that 180 is tough. Most people say they biffed hardcore today, which in general boosts your chances. I don't think I'm far from it, but that RC throws me for loops sometimes.

ConsideringLawSchool

Bronze

Post by ConsideringLawSchool » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:30 pm

Very unlikely...

My best guess:

-0 on LR

-0 on LG

-3/4 on RC (had that section 5th and virtually skimmed the 4th passage with 6 minutes left) There were probably 5 RCs where I wasn't totally confident. If I got 2 of those right, 180 is possible. Unlikely tho...

idkmybffjill

New

Post by idkmybffjill » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:07 pm

I had to skim the last section, too. Anybody remember any D's on that passage? haha No, seriously...any D's? Are the LSAT gods going to smile on me and send me a little luck? I was just so tired (and sick today) on the 5th section that I barely could focus and they called 5 min as I was starting that passage....just hoping I didn't miss all of them..

existenz

Silver

Post by existenz » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:13 pm

Last edited by existenz on Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

s0ph1e2007

Silver

Post by s0ph1e2007 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:15 pm

Its so funny to hear what people thought their hard sections were.
I'd say -0LR,LR, RC and -3 LG
so we'll see the curve. I don't feel confident though because I'm used to finishing LG and knowing immediately that its -0.I've gotten more 180s than not so far and I wanted to feel like -0 across the board and Im usually really good at predicting my score.
Considering they dont report the curve though it could be curved harsh and be one of those lsats where you cannot get a 179 and 177 or something ugh that would be terrible.
A ton of people are saying LG was terribly hard but I'm not sure that my anxiety wasnt just so high that it messed me up (it was my first section).
I'd like to hear from ya'll why you thought it was particularly easy or if you thought it was time consuming or was it like 59 or 57? (i didnt take those)

thhankks

princepointe

New

Post by princepointe » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:19 pm

We were lucky here at UT-Austin because the proctor gave us about 3 minutes extra time on every section ( not purposly of course). I'm about 2 minutes ahead of pace anyway so I was able to go back for about 5 minutes to reread. I think that helped me alot. Good luck to all of you.

s0ph1e2007

Silver

Post by s0ph1e2007 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:24 pm

princepointe wrote:We were lucky here at UT-Austin because the proctor gave us about 3 minutes extra time on every section ( not purposly of course). I'm about 2 minutes ahead of pace anyway so I was able to go back for about 5 minutes to reread. I think that helped me alot. Good luck to all of you.
wow you should never tell anyone that

extreme jealousy here right now :cry:

ConsideringLawSchool

Bronze

Post by ConsideringLawSchool » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:33 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:Its so funny to hear what people thought their hard sections were.
I'd say -0LR,LR, RC and -3 LG
so we'll see the curve. I don't feel confident though because I'm used to finishing LG and knowing immediately that its -0.I've gotten more 180s than not so far and I wanted to feel like -0 across the board and Im usually really good at predicting my score.
Considering they dont report the curve though it could be curved harsh and be one of those lsats where you cannot get a 179 and 177 or something ugh that would be terrible.
A ton of people are saying LG was terribly hard but I'm not sure that my anxiety wasnt just so high that it messed me up (it was my first section).
I'd like to hear from ya'll why you thought it was particularly easy or if you thought it was time consuming or was it like 59 or 57? (i didnt take those)

thhankks
I certainly may have missed something and gotten questions wrong on the LG, but at least I was able to eliminate 4 wrong answers on each question (and have faith in the one I picked). I didn't get to check them all, but I checked the 3-4 where I was worried I rushed too much.

In each of the games, I thought there were 1-2 inferences that made the rest of the game fairly straightforward.

I think (and this is just my guess) that those who struggled may have focused too much on trying to apply learned techniques/categorize games. The way I studied, I never really learned the lingo but just did lots and lots of games. Also, I knew in-and-out was my weakness, so I did about 15 of those on Wednesday and Thursday.

Again, I might have missed something, but I'm generally pretty confident as long as I've got the 4 wrong/1 right for each question.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Gwen

Bronze

Post by Gwen » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:46 pm

princepointe wrote:We were lucky here at UT-Austin because the proctor gave us about 3 minutes extra time on every section ( not purposly of course). I'm about 2 minutes ahead of pace anyway so I was able to go back for about 5 minutes to reread. I think that helped me alot. Good luck to all of you.
WTF!!! :evil:

14yearplan

New

Post by 14yearplan » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:34 pm

macaulian wrote:I think I missed one question, on the LR

which one?

existenz

Silver

Post by existenz » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:43 pm

Good god, if I had an extra 3 minutes on each section I would have been able to finish LG and maybe only miss one. That's really not fair for other LSAT takers across the country, but I'm sure you aren't complaining.

What was the proctor's problem?

Gwen

Bronze

Post by Gwen » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:50 pm

existenz wrote:What was the proctor's [strike]problem[/strike]first and last name?
ftfm

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

princepointe

New

Post by princepointe » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:28 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:
wow you should never tell anyone that

extreme jealousy here right now :cry:

lol. we wern't complaining. I thought it was just me but me and my fraternity brother were talking during the break and he said that she was about 2 minutes slow. After about 5 minutes of talking we had a group of about 7 people talking about it. I promise you not one person said a word. The crazy thing is she was a total BITCH at the beginning. She's an older black lady like the old grandma that sits in the front of church ( i'm black and growing up those women didnt play). She was yelling at people to put there drinks away and take off thir hats. Kinda intimidating. Then after break she was really chill and nice. I hope no one turns her in. lol. Telling all my friends to try and sneak into her room come June.

s0ph1e2007

Silver

Post by s0ph1e2007 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:33 pm

princepointe wrote:

lol. we wern't complaining. I thought it was just me but me and my fraternity brother were talking during the break and he said that she was about 2 minutes slow. After about 5 minutes of talking we had a group of about 7 people talking about it. I promise you not one person said a word. The crazy thing is she was a total BITCH at the beginning. She's an older black lady like the old grandma that sits in the front of church ( i'm black and growing up those women didnt play). She was yelling at people to put there drinks away and take off thir hats. Kinda intimidating. Then after break she was really chill and nice. I hope no one turns her in. lol. Telling all my friends to try and sneak into her room come June.
wow that's awesome
so you think you rocked out a 180?

7ED

Bronze

Post by 7ED » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:26 am

wow. what i'd have gived for that proctor. ran outa time on lg for the first time in 20 practice runs.

existenz

Silver

Post by existenz » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:47 am

Yeah, I'd love to have a chill proctor who just tossed out the timer and gave us enough time as we wanted. Of course we'd all get 180s if that were the case.

Did she not have a working watch or what?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”