Got OWNED/PWN3D by LG!!! (LG talk ONLY in this thread, thx) Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
leprechaun25

New

Re: Got OWNED/PWN3D by LG!!! (LG talk ONLY in this thread, thx)

Post by leprechaun25 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:23 pm

^^Yes. Normally when you do a games section there are at least a handful of questions that you can instantly answer right off the bat just by doing a proper setup and making the major inferences. I don't remember seeing _any_ on the first LG game, which is normally all about those. Every question required a hypo diagram or super-deep inference. Anyway, if/when I take the test again I'm focusing on games preparation almost exclusively, with maybe a few RC just to keep my speed up.

I like practicing the games but I hate the fact that I cannot do them fast enough. I feel like it's the most artificial test of lawyering ability of the 3 sections.

uganik

Bronze

Post by uganik » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:24 pm

idkmybffjill wrote:hahaha anybody remember any D's in the first game on the real LG? wishful thinking....

but I'm seriously asking this question.
I guessed about five or six D's in the last section of the first game, so I'm curious about this as well.

Was really hoping section # 3 Games was real.......Damn!

For those who cancel, I wonder if their score is considered in the curve.

tinalooks808

New

Post by tinalooks808 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:37 pm

I totally bombed on the 1st LG and I rocked the 2nd one ... I hope you are all wrong and really really really hope the 1st LG was experimental!!!! If not I am totally going to have to retake!! :(

iahtt

New

Post by iahtt » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:46 pm

games are supposed to be fun :(

adowning1977

New

Post by adowning1977 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:10 pm

I also had two sections of LG. My sequesnce was: LG1 AR1 LG2 AR2 Comp was the experimental from the December test. The LG1 was easier than that of LG2. I had one ordering section in LG1 and the rest was all pairing with multiple pairs of elements...including in LG2. LG2 ate me alive. I hope that there's a lot of C answers in there...cuz I just straight guessed...

Anyone else have the same problem? :cry:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

trutherd

New

Post by trutherd » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:15 pm

adowning1977 wrote:My sequesnce was: LG1 AR1 LG2 AR2 Comp
I'm confused... LG and AR are the same thing...

macaulian

New

Post by macaulian » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:17 pm

adowning1977 wrote:I also had two sections of LG. My sequesnce was: LG1 AR1 LG2 AR2 Comp was the experimental from the December test. The LG1 was easier than that of LG2. I had one ordering section in LG1 and the rest was all pairing with multiple pairs of elements...including in LG2. LG2 ate me alive. I hope that there's a lot of C answers in there...cuz I just straight guessed...

Anyone else have the same problem? :cry:
when people dont realize AR=LG, and then say, I had trouble with the test, I dont feel bad. Again, its RC (Reading comp with the passages), LR (Short passages), AR (analytical reasoning also known as logic games). The test you just described would be crazy hard (and also one section short)

I have no idea why people think in-out games are hard. The inference is always the same! If you know one, you know them all. It always tells you need AT LEAST some number (say, 3), then offers a list of exclusions. Have the questions say, if this is in, what else can be in, and all you have to do is see which of the options doesn't rule out too many other options. Is that so bad? I usually cover up things with my pencil/fingers and just work these out pretty quick. I think if you dont focus on the key question of getting the minimum number in the group they are super super super easy (ok, maybe the first one i did was hard, but they are all isomorphisms of that first one i did so i can do them all now)
Last edited by macaulian on Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

existenz

Silver

Post by existenz » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:18 pm

Hiking trails felt a lot like birds in the forest from PT 33. Undefined in-out grouping game. I'm usually pretty good at those, but this one was very tough. If I had to redo the game right now at home with no pressure I could probably get it done in 10 minutes. But during the test, seeing the minutes drift away while you're trying to figure out which trees are in and which ones are out -- it was no use. I had to guess on two of those and move on.

spearnreel

New

Post by spearnreel » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:33 pm

I finished the counted LG section with ample time remaining. Diagrammed the first game (skipped the questions because I wanted to warm up on an easier game), looked over the second game (really didn't appeal to me at the time), decided to hop straight to the forth game (completed with little emotion), jumped back to the third game (smoke began to spew out of my ears). Flipped over the score sheet, did the double bubble signature raise the hand see ya later.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

macaulian

New

Post by macaulian » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:48 pm

Peter North wrote:
macaulian wrote:I have no idea why people think in-out games are hard.
Actually, the the juicer/mixer and that other game about the plays weren't exactly straight-forward IN/OUT. They were far more complex than just in-out games. (A bit of advanced linear, which was shocking because as I have said before -- we don't see much of this in any PT 46 and higher). This has been discussed in that other long thread about the test.

xxxx/xxxx was not in and out game.
Last edited by macaulian on Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:08 pm

robin600

Gold

Re: LG OWNED me. (LG talk ONLY in this thread, thanks)

Post by robin600 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:59 pm

charlesxavier wrote:Wait, so hiking was experimental?
I love to hike. I've actually hiked half the Appalachian Trail.

7ED

Bronze

Post by 7ED » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:16 am

i had only ONE logic games section, so im guessing thats real XD

I don't remember much of it, since it was the only section that actually raped me pretty hard. I thought it was cause I got cocky after the insanely easy LR section, but this thread makes me feel a little bit better :P.

MY LG section had someting on rotisseries and mixers, some random hybrid game.

Anyone wanna tell me the answers for 5 (last q in game 1), 22, and 23? had to do educated guess for 5, rusehd 23, and guessed 22. The time eating questions on this test were quite brutal.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

TheTopBloke

Bronze

Re: LG OWNED me. (LG talk ONLY in this thread, thanks)

Post by TheTopBloke » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:18 am

Gwen wrote:
Peter North wrote:Can we keep this thread limited to LG? Anyways, I had 2 LGs (one obviously was the exp. section - either way, both LGs were brutal. I did well on the pure sequencing/grouping games... the rest, damn. I got shafted. :cry:

How did LG go for you guys? The consensus I get is pretty much everyone got burned.
You're wrong
After 2000 posts you think you'd be past the LSAT by now.

abillah

New

Post by abillah » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:49 am

yes I felt the same

I had

LG- (reallly hard) about

terms, very easy, it was 4 classes each term.
not hard to figure out,
but very time consuming since you had to figure out numercial distributions
and unclear wording
since it had dual option blocks.

2nd one was very easy well, in/out park game.

3rd oen tooo hard (spent too much time tryign to deciper about juicer/mixers/ect)
oo hard
4rth one was sequencing but ran out of tiem :(

2nd for me was LR- not difficult
3rd for me was LG - experiment- very easy
too easy to count.

4rth was back to RC- very easy except last passage on hierophglyphics and ancient language structures tough one.

5th- breezed right through this LR

I'm hoping for a 155, got a 150 in december 09

TheTopBloke

Bronze

Post by TheTopBloke » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:50 am

Didn't anyone get only one LG section, or am I the only one?

mmb

New

Post by mmb » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:39 am

so the real section had hiking/juicer and what other games? does anyone remember which ones were together in which sections?? I remember all of the games but it was such a blur that I can't recall which ones went together...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bango

New

Post by bango » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:15 am

Well, if the mixer section was legit, my test broke down into:

1. LG(exp); 2. LR; 3. LG(real); 4. LR; 5. RC

I thought one LR section was easy and the other pretty difficult. I thought the first LG was easy and the second much more difficult. I thought the RC was difficult, especially a few questions on the videotape testimony questions.

Bruiser

New

Post by Bruiser » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:48 am

"1. LG(exp); 2. LR; 3. LG(real); 4. LR; 5. RC
I thought one LR section was easy and the other pretty difficult. I thought the first LG was easy and the second much more difficult. I thought the RC was difficult, especially a few questions on the videotape testimony questions."

That's what I had too. I thought the first LG was easy with the exception of the apartment/dog owner game, I never got that one. I am sure I missed something that would have made it easy. I thought both LR weren't too bad, maybe 5 total questions made me really think (shipworms, land/technology, and a few more). I thought the RC passages weren't too bad, but some of the questions were weird and I had to read them more than once. In Dec. 08 I got 7 wrong for RC (they had some scientific tadpole or something passage), so hopefully I did a little better this time.
I am a little worried that I thought the LR was so easy, I guess I have done soooo many practice tests and read throught the LR Bible so many times, I just felt like I had seen those questions before.
Oh well, three weeks of waiting will go very sloooowly. I really just want a 160 (got a 155 last time), and I think I did do 5 points better.

leprechaun25

New

Post by leprechaun25 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:56 pm

TheTopBloke wrote:Didn't anyone get only one LG section, or am I the only one?
Plenty of people. Myself included. Mine went LR,LG,LR,RC,LR. I think the only variable is what section you had 3rd, as that was the exp

somewhatwayward

Silver

Post by somewhatwayward » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:23 pm

i did get owned by LG bc i choked, but it wasn't bc they were actually particularly hard; it was that i didn't make some obvious inferences.

i realized this while i was meditating yesterday - of course my mind went back to the games section, and i made the inferences i didn't make on the exam, and they weren't hard inferences.....so i got owned by LG, and it was totally my fault (not bc LG was unusually difficult, unfortunately)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Close Diamond

Bronze

Post by Close Diamond » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:38 pm

leprechaun25 wrote:
Plenty of people. Myself included. Mine went LR,LG,LR,RC,LR. I think the only variable is what section you had 3rd, as that was the exp
RC LG LR RC LR for me. What an awful day.

Madman

New

Post by Madman » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:53 pm

Close Diamond wrote:
leprechaun25 wrote:
RC LG LR RC LR for me. What an awful day.

Did you find the first experimental RC extremely easy???? I was so pissed to find out that it was not the real RC

gltm

New

Post by gltm » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:33 pm

Hey guys,

I have a question for you.

I'm not breaking any rules by saying this I'm hoping, but was the real LG consisting of a game (Game #3) that had two distinct groups (1 and 2)?

I would like to know.
I think generally people had shifting of LGs. I think my second LG was real not the first!

JasonR

Bronze

Post by JasonR » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:12 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:-14 would mean 4 wrong for a 180??
is that what december had? thats crazy awesome!!

anyways...
so I have an average on about 30 tests of a 180 and I got owned by the LG on this test. Im pretty pissed about it.

The people who keep saying it was easy, just time consuming, I dont think get what we mean by 'hard'.
If it takes so long that you struggle to finish or dont have enough time to feel confident about an answer that makes it 'hard'.
I thought it was hard because 1. some of the questions felt out of the blue, I'd never seen them before (I think I've seen the replace a rule like once before maybe) and 2. I felt insanely pressed for time. On my first section when they called 5 minutes I almost raised my hand to protest that they clearly only gave us 30 minutes :(
So you made a 180 on 30 prep tests that you timed and scored honestly and accurately? I'm gonna step out on a limb here and call BS.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”