To LSAT or not to LSAT... Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
south_paw

New

To LSAT or not to LSAT...

Post by south_paw » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:24 pm

Back story here:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 2&t=106571

I've decided to not apply to law school until the 2011 school year. I'm signed up for the Feb. LSAT though and at this point can't change my date or get a refund. I'm not as ready as I could be but since it's paid for should I still go test just to add to my testing experience? Maybe sign the thing to not report my score?

Thanks!

jks289

Silver

Re: To LSAT or not to LSAT...

Post by jks289 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:26 pm

south_paw wrote:Back story here:

I've decided to not apply to law school until the 2011 school year. I'm signed up for the Feb. LSAT though and at this point can't change my date or get a refund. I'm not as ready as I could be but since it's paid for should I still go test just to add to my testing experience? Maybe sign the thing to not report my score?

Thanks!
Don't do it!! I did the same thing, ended up scoring badly, and it sort of f-ed me up since now I have to take it a third time, and I have to write score addendums. If you are just absent, then it doesn't count against you. Bu if you cancel that counts as one of your three allowed tests in two years. It's a bad idea to waste it.

south_paw

New

Post by south_paw » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:16 pm

jks289 wrote:
south_paw wrote:Back story here:

Thanks!
Don't do it!! I did the same thing, ended up scoring badly, and it sort of f-ed me up since now I have to take it a third time, and I have to write score addendums. If you are just absent, then it doesn't count against you. Bu if you cancel that counts as one of your three allowed tests in two years. It's a bad idea to waste it.
Thank you so much Betty Draper! Yay now I can play Saturday morning LOL!

LongueFrappe

New

Post by LongueFrappe » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:50 pm

Simple really, take the test and cancel the score. Take the test in order to get a feel for it and cancel because like you said you aren't ready. It's too late to cancel and you can't get a refund. You will be the most chill person in that test center so enjoy it.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:17 pm

2 schools of thought -

1) Take the test, then cancel so you can get used to the pressure and real testing conditions. This can be very helpful, so you can be calm and collected for the real deal.

2) Don't show up, so it doesn't count against your 3 times in 2 years limit, so you have more options should something go horribly wrong.

Both have their merits, and ultimately, you have to decide what's right for you.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

south_paw

New

Post by south_paw » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:28 pm

I already took the December LSAT but suffered a moderate concussion and broken ribs in a bad car accident a week before the test. So I have the testing experience once... I think I'll skip it this weekend and take it in June then I'll still have Sept. available (godforbid) if I screw up in June.

letsdoit1982

Bronze

Post by letsdoit1982 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:16 pm

LongueFrappe wrote:Simple really, take the test and cancel the score. Take the test in order to get a feel for it and cancel because like you said you aren't ready. It's too late to cancel and you can't get a refund. You will be the most chill person in that test center so enjoy it.

+1 LOL

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:19 pm

letsdoit1982 wrote:
LongueFrappe wrote:Simple really, take the test and cancel the score. Take the test in order to get a feel for it and cancel because like you said you aren't ready. It's too late to cancel and you can't get a refund. You will be the most chill person in that test center so enjoy it.

+1 LOL
Yes but an absent won't count against the three time in two years total. And while it would be nice to assume he will get the score he wants next time, he may end up needing the third time. It puts a lot more pressure of the situation, especially if he ends up waiting a year.

letsdoit1982

Bronze

Post by letsdoit1982 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:31 pm

jks289 wrote:
letsdoit1982 wrote:

+1 LOL
Yes but an absent won't count against the three time in two years total. And while it would be nice to assume he will get the score he wants next time, he may end up needing the third time. It puts a lot more pressure of the situation, especially if he ends up waiting a year.

No, I just thought the comment was funny. As a poster mentioned above, there are pros and cons with both decisions.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”