POWERSCORE ADVICE Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
joeb89

New

POWERSCORE ADVICE

Post by joeb89 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:00 am

How long did it take you to get through the Powerscore LR Bible? I'm just wondering b/c it's so big and seems very time consuming

BigA

Bronze

Re: POWERSCORE ADVICE

Post by BigA » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:37 pm

I personally find that I don't really do anything that the book suggests including the 9 primary objectives, the diagramming, or reading every answer choice, mainly because of one reason: time. However, it's good to have a feel of the question types and wrong answer types they use. Hopefully I'll get faster though. I've only taken two PTs since going through the book, with slight improvement :roll:

Edit: to answer your question better, I went through it pretty carefully, making sure I understood everything and it took a while

am060459

Silver

Post by am060459 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:42 pm

joeb89 wrote:How long did it take you to get through the Powerscore LR Bible? I'm just wondering b/c it's so big and seems very time consuming
2-3 weeks. i read the chapter then drill question right after.

ZombiesAhead

New

Post by ZombiesAhead » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:54 am

BigA wrote:I personally find that I don't really do anything that the book suggests including the 9 primary objectives, the diagramming, or reading every answer choice, mainly because of one reason: time. However, it's good to have a feel of the question types and wrong answer types they use. Hopefully I'll get faster though. I've only taken two PTs since going through the book, with slight improvement :roll:
Unlike the LGB, the stuff in the LRB takes a long time to work into your LR approach. I would learn it all once, practice LR for a few months, and then read the LRB again. Once you've made an attempt to work the methods, you can then figure out how to use them on a more intuitive, innate level.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”