To study or not to study, that is the question Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Andrew the Wolverine

Bronze

To study or not to study, that is the question

Post by Andrew the Wolverine » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:33 pm

I am taking the LSAT for my third time next week, and I am debating whether or not to study much this upcoming week. I have studied a ton already, and I know the ins and outs of the test, but my problem is focusing consistently for the whole test and reading carefully. Should I take this week off, study lightly but consistently, or study hard?

jocelyne

Bronze

Re: To study or not to study, that is the question

Post by jocelyne » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:34 pm

I am taking 56, 57, 58 in the next 3 days. No LSAT on Friday...(or maybe some questions)

tomwatts

Gold

Post by tomwatts » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:38 pm

I'd say take one full-length in the next couple of days, go over it carefully, and if it's at the approximate score level you'd like, leave it at that.

itsfine

Bronze

Post by itsfine » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:41 pm

the second time i took it i didnt study as hard and really took it easy. Granted, saying i took it easy is relative to what i consider easy, but regardless my point is that i certainly didn't consume myself with studying the last two weeks before the test like i did the first time i took it, and my performance increased substantially. maybe what works for me will work for you

Threepeat

Bronze

Post by Threepeat » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:50 pm

To be honest, do what works for YOU...I took the test three times, and the first two times I tried to ease up the week before the exam. This did not work for me. Both times I felt like my mind wasn't in the right setting on the day of the exam. The third time I practiced taking PT's in back to back days and then take a day off from taking a practice exam. I found that I performed better on the second PT, so when it came time to the last week leading up before the exam, I made sure to take my day off on the Thursday before, and then take a PT Friday, that way Saturday would be the second day for an exam.

This worked for me. I didn't feel burnt out at all, and I felt like my mind was ready to go on test day. Again, this may or may not work for you, but what worked for me seemed to go against what the majority of people on here will tell you to do.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”