How much homework do TestMasters and Blueprint students get? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
roranoa

Silver

How much homework do TestMasters and Blueprint students get?

Post by roranoa » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:03 pm

Whenever I ask someone who took those course at TM or BP

they tell me they did TONS of homework and that really helped.

So, how much homework do they give you anyway?

Is it really 200 questions a week for LR and 100 reading passages??

I would like to know their work load and keep up, can anyone tell me?

heyyitskatie

New

Re: How much homework do TestMasters and Blueprint students get?

Post by heyyitskatie » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:07 pm

I don't remember the exact number of questions, but I took Blueprint online and remember that there really was at least a solid 4 hours of homework for every lesson if you actually did it thoroughly. It's good in theory that you have access to so many problems, but where I made a mistake was in that in doing so many individual problems, I didn't have the time to take as many practice tests as I should have. Blueprint has (if I remember correctly) 4 times diagnostics, but you really should take at least 15 practice tests. Remember that once you understand how to do the problems (which really doesn't take as long as you might think), speed and endurance are the most important issues. I know that was a little off track, but I still hope it helps.

Cavalier

Gold

Post by Cavalier » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:08 pm

Yeah, they give you a ton of problems to do each week. You don't, however, have to do them. Once you become comfortable with the type of problem, I'd say you should do other things. For instance, I understood logic games very quickly, so I rarely did the assigned games. It's not like you will be quizzed on them in class.

Space_Cowboy

Bronze

Post by Space_Cowboy » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:10 pm

Worry about how many PTs you will be doing.

hans3n

Bronze

Post by hans3n » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:20 pm

I did Testmasters, and I did I think 6 practice tests, or roughly that amount, maybe plus 2 tests outside of Testmasters. The first couple lessons you get 25-50 LR , maybe 6 RC, and maybe 6 game problems per book. As you go on, you'll get like 12 RC per book and 12 LG per book, but roughly 100-150 LR per book, if I remember correctly. The early lessons aren't as heavy, and may not reflect my numbers, but the 12, 12 and 100-150 are accurate. I still have all my materials, I'm just too lazy to go look it up.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

roranoa

Silver

Post by roranoa » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:26 pm

hans3n wrote:I did Testmasters, and I did I think 6 practice tests, or roughly that amount, maybe plus 2 tests outside of Testmasters. The first couple lessons you get 25-50 LR , maybe 6 RC, and maybe 6 game problems per book. As you go on, you'll get like 12 RC per book and 12 LG per book, but roughly 100-150 LR per book, if I remember correctly. The early lessons aren't as heavy, and may not reflect my numbers, but the 12, 12 and 100-150 are accurate. I still have all my materials, I'm just too lazy to go look it up.
So was that 12,12, 100-150 work load given for a week? How much time did they give you to finish all that? 2 days? 3 days? 6 days?

hans3n

Bronze

Post by hans3n » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:31 pm

Depends on what class you take. Each meetings "assignments" were due the next time you met up. I never finished all of the material. You have to really bust your ass to finish all the material in the Late Spring course if you are going to school full time, but I would say its do-able, you just have to have have the right attitude. I should have done more RC because it was my worst, and I definitely payed for it in my actual score. I took the Tuesday/Thursday class during school, 6-10pm. It started in April, and went up until like 2 weeks I believe before the June LSAT. My class was called like "Late Spring" or something like that. You can check Testmasters website and see the different schedules of classes that will be taught in your area. Halfway through the Course, we had a practice test every other Saturday. I didn't like the "Late Spring Class" only because of the fact that it ended so class to the actual LSAT. Other than that, I really liked Testmasters. The person teaching the class was awesome.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”