Retaking Oct 2010, when should I start studying? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lechic12

New

Retaking Oct 2010, when should I start studying?

Post by lechic12 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:20 pm

I can't make it to the June 2010 test, so I have to test the October test. I got a...157 on the December LSAT but... I think I have a chance to improve because I did better (high 160s/low 170s) during timed PTs...I hope =(
I decided that I am going to be taking testmasters, which still start around July. But I also have the Logic Games bible, and I was wondering when I should start studying that? Now? Around April? I don't want to get burned out but I don't want ot feel overstressed because I didn't prepare well enough either...I think a combo of that happened last time-dragging out the studying (originally planned to take it in Sept) but also studying too intensely right before the exam because i didn't study that well early on.

wadeny

Bronze

Re: Retaking Oct 2010, when should I start studying?

Post by wadeny » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:43 pm

It depends on how much free time you will have from now until Oct. Will you be in school at all or working a full-time job? Juggling LSAT studying while in school can be tough, but it can be even tougher while working full-time.

Whatever the case, I wouldn't recommend studying too much before the summer (i.e. June/July). Since you have already taken the LSAT, the basic concepts and strategies should still be there with a little brushing up, so I would focus more on PTs and identifying your weaknesses. More than 3-4 months of this could be excessive, so just come up with a good study plan and you should be fine.

allison34363

New

Re: Retaking Oct 2010, when should I start studying?

Post by allison34363 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:00 pm

Start studying asap in my opinion. You can't really cram for the LSAT.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”