timing PTs with a 5 minute warning Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
IAFG

Platinum

timing PTs with a 5 minute warning

Post by IAFG » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:05 pm

gotta do it. that 5 minute warning strikes fear in the heart of the anxious. practice without an audible 5 minute warning at your own peril.

CyLaw

Gold

Re: timing PTs with a 5 minute warning

Post by CyLaw » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:07 pm

IAFG wrote:gotta do it. that 5 minute warning strikes fear in the heart of the anxious. practice without an audible 5 minute warning at your own peril.
+1. Either set some type of beeping alarm, or have a buddy give you a heads up at 5 mins left.

I am actually in the middle of writing a Test Proctor app for the iPhone and iPod Touch and this was one of the first things on my list of features when I was taking to friends about what they would want to see in it.

PeteJarker

New

Post by PeteJarker » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:53 pm

Yeah, it has already been done. Just get the LSAT Simugator DVD. It has a 5 min warning for every section, 10 min break between section 3 and section 4, and the proctor is kinda cute, haha.

I found the 5 minute part definitely gave me a jolt of anxiety when I first started using it, and I definitely think that is why you need to practice under as realistic conditions as possible. You are never going to get used to that unless you practice with it. So far since I have been using it with my practice tests, Ive been able to sort of curtail that anxiousness a bit, so I think it has helped. Definitely repetition will put you in the zone.

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:22 pm

The only real difference in my prep for my 167 and
my 173 was this. Of course I am pretty anxious about most things, but most people on tls seem to be.

CyLaw

Gold

Post by CyLaw » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:26 pm

IAFG wrote:The only real difference in my prep for my 167 and
my 173 was this. Of course I am pretty anxious about most things, but most people on tls seem to be.
Nice. I can see how getting use to the panic that sets in when the warning is called can help you to remain calm and focus in the last parts of the test.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”