When do the Previously Administered Tests Become Realistic? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
TokyoLove

New

When do the Previously Administered Tests Become Realistic?

Post by TokyoLove » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:57 pm

I've heard that some of the earliest ones (LSAT Tests administered in the early part of 1990s) do not reflect the substancial changes that LSAT has undergone over the years.
If that is the case, then beggining from which test (for example, LSAT Test 20) are PrepTests realistic, as in, it is most similar to the LSATs administered today?

amputatedbrain

Bronze

Re: When do the Previously Administered Tests Become Realistic?

Post by amputatedbrain » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:01 pm

I used the LSAC books full of prep tests . . . I had several of them, and I thought the most relevant was The Next 10 Actual, Official LSAT PrepTests: PrepTests 29-38. The LC is pretty much the same, but the logic games have changed a bit over time, and 1-30 are a different style, although still good for practice. Of course now, the RC has changed, and I don't think that's reflected in this book (the two-passage comparison section), so you'd have to get even later practice tests for that.

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:07 pm

LR is always useful IMO.

tomwatts

Gold

Post by tomwatts » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:12 pm

As far as really big-picture things, anything past about PT5 is okay. I tend to think that 25 and on looks an awful lot like today, but some people will tell you that RC got harder around 46. Of course, comparative reading was introduced in June '07, so you need 52 and up for that.

TokyoLove

New

Post by TokyoLove » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:43 pm

thanks for the valuable info tomwatts + others. :D

kumba84

Bronze

Post by kumba84 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:49 pm

tomwatts wrote:As far as really big-picture things, anything past about PT5 is okay. I tend to think that 25 and on looks an awful lot like today, but some people will tell you that RC got harder around 46. Of course, comparative reading was introduced in June '07, so you need 52 and up for that.
I would agree with the part about RC. I didn't use many of the more recent PTs, and I think that really hurt my score since I wasn't used to the difficulty of the newer RCs. It wasn't just the comparative reading; it was the length and complexity of the regular passages, too.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”