Registered for Feb LSAT -- should I postpone? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
nhdng

New

Registered for Feb LSAT -- should I postpone?

Post by nhdng » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:24 pm

I just realized I have until the 15th to change the date of my LSAT. I registered for February and gave myself two months to study. My goal is at least 165, as that is in the range of my top choices (Boston College, U of Washington, etc). I'm averaging 159 right now on practice tests and unsure I'll be able to bring it up in the next four weeks. Should I wait till June to take the test?

I also recieved a fee waiver, so retaking the test isn't really an issue of money as much as time and how it would look to the schools.

am060459

Silver

Re: Registered for Feb LSAT -- should I postpone?

Post by am060459 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:28 pm

postpone. take june and if needed october

spearnreel

New

Post by spearnreel » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:30 pm

nhdng wrote: I also recieved a fee waiver, so retaking the test isn't really an issue of money as much as time and how it would look to the schools.
I am not 100% sure but I do think you are responsible for any fees associated with canceling or changes?

nhdng

New

Post by nhdng » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:43 pm

Yes, it turns out you still are responsible for test date/location changes even if you've received a fee waiver. I went ahead and postponed, however. The $66 was worth it after I saw that my top choice will average two scores. I don't want to bomb Feb because I didn't give myself enough time to study, and then have a higher June score not even really count.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”