I fear that I have maxed out my potential. Opinions? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Madman

New

I fear that I have maxed out my potential. Opinions?

Post by Madman » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:08 pm

I have done 6 PT's and am averaging a 163/164 or so, however I have been prepping since July doing a crapload of individual sections etc. Timing has always been an issue for me, and I have gotten better, but am still slow on some sections mainly RC and somtimes LG and LR.

I am hoping for a 165-170 in Feb, but I am worrying that I have maxed out my poetential. Do you think with approx 12 - 15 more PT's under my belt by Feb I will stand a good chance of being near the 170 mark or am I most likely reaching my max right now?

Cheers all

am060459

Silver

Re: I fear that I have maxed out my potential. Opinions?

Post by am060459 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:10 pm

whats the breakdown? are you consistently getting certain questions wrong or have an issue with a specific section?

doing more PT wont help. you need to focus on your weakness.

Madman

New

Post by Madman » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:33 pm

am060459 wrote:whats the breakdown? are you consistently getting certain questions wrong or have an issue with a specific section?

doing more PT wont help. you need to focus on your weakness.

No, there really are not any trends, that is the issue (also I should note that I review every PT thouroughly). I usually get approx -3/-4 on LR -5/-7 on LG's and -6/-9 on RC (mainly because I can only seem to get 3 passages done). I have looked for trends, but there does not appear to be any. Mainly just timing issues, I seem to be at a speed that allows me to be quite accurate, but not get to all of the questions.

The speed issues are driving me nuts, because I feel like that is what is holding me back.

am060459

Silver

Post by am060459 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:40 pm

im in the same boat as you with RC. for LG you really need to eliminate those mistakes. its the easiest to improve on. you might want to consider the LGB. you have a month and thats plenty of time to get the LG down to -3.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”