Powerscore LSAT Prep guides Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
AshtonB

New

Powerscore LSAT Prep guides

Post by AshtonB » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:41 pm

Are they worth buying? Did anyone here use them and end up achieving significantly better results?

split22

New

Re: Powerscore LSAT Prep guides

Post by split22 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:28 pm

I used them. Found the LG bible to be helpful, LR less so, RC the least.

But then again, I always found RC to be easiest section, LR the next easiest, and LG to be hardest.

** I do not attribute my score difference to the books (jump from the 160s to the high 170s), but they certainly didn't hurt. The Powerscore books were my only prep materials aside from the official Prep Tests. As an aside, I also found I received the Prep Tests faster when ordered directly from Powerscore.

BenJ

Silver

Post by BenJ » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:33 pm

LG is a big help for improving both speed and accuracy, the others less so. LR might be helpful if you're willing to invest multiple hours daily to studying. I didn't buy RC, but I can't imagine it being much more helpful than an SAT prep book, to be honest. The only significant difference between LSAT and SAT RC is how difficult the questions are.

This is coming from someone who was strong on LG to begin with. But honestly I think LG is only helpful if you're decent at LG to begin with. If you have serious trouble with LG, get a simpler prep book first until you're able to finish at least 3 of 4 games with few or none wrong among those, and then get PS LG.

split22

New

Post by split22 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:22 am

BenJ wrote:LG is a big help for improving both speed and accuracy, the others less so. LR might be helpful if you're willing to invest multiple hours daily to studying. I didn't buy RC, but I can't imagine it being much more helpful than an SAT prep book, to be honest. The only significant difference between LSAT and SAT RC is how difficult the questions are.

This is coming from someone who was strong on LG to begin with. But honestly I think LG is only helpful if you're decent at LG to begin with. If you have serious trouble with LG, get a simpler prep book first until you're able to finish at least 3 of 4 games with few or none wrong among those, and then get PS LG.
This.

Sauer Grapes

Silver

Post by Sauer Grapes » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:39 am

Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

5ky

Diamond

Post by 5ky » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:39 am

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”