Starting part-time solo work.. anyone interested in mutual back-up attorney agreement? Forum

Use this forum to discuss different legal practice areas with other attorneys.
lacorplawyer

New

Starting part-time solo work.. anyone interested in mutual back-up attorney agreement?

Post by lacorplawyer » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:30 pm

I plan on doing part-time corporate work on the side (simple contracts, entity formation, etc.), nothing too time consuming.

However, malpractice insurance requires me to have a back-up attorney. My friends all work in biglaw and are not interested.

Anyone interested in a mutual agreement? I don't expect to use the backup attorney except for unforeseeable needs (ie: i'm in the hospital),so I'm also expecting the same. Ideally, we won't need each others' services at all for the entire length of our relationship.

I don't plan on growing my practice (and if I do, I'll let you know to change our arrangement). My work is limited to 10-20 hours a week (a few contracts/assignments here and here), with very little, if any, long-term assignments.

Shoot me a message if interested!

Alain

New

Re: Starting part-time solo work.. anyone interested in mutual back-up attorney agreement?

Post by Alain » Fri May 08, 2020 4:59 pm

Where are you licensed?

Return to “Discussion of Practice Areas”