Difference between Crunchtime/Emmanuels & Best Torts Outline Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
GCabot

New

Difference between Crunchtime/Emmanuels & Best Torts Outline

Post by GCabot » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:09 pm

Two separate questions:

1. As far as I can tell, Crunchtime and Emmanuel's are written by the same people, with Crunchtime being a condensed version with a focus on exams. Do the Emmanuel's outlines include everything in the equivalent Crunchtime or are the exam flow charts/tips/strategies/etc. exclusive to the Crunchtime books? Is it redundant to get both?

2. I've read a lot of conflicting recommendations on Torts outlines. LSC and a few others recommend Gilberts, while I've found a lot of others who swear that Emmanuel's is better and more comprehensive. I was wondering if there were any thoughts/consensus on the which of these two would be better for Torts.

Thanks!

Jericwithers

Gold

Re: Difference between Crunchtime/Emmanuels & Best Torts Outline

Post by Jericwithers » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:44 pm

bump

UVAstudent

New

Post by UVAstudent » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:48 pm

Crunchtime is a condensed version of Emmanuel's with the added flow charts. Emmanuel's is probably better to use throughout the year since it has more detailed content and then use crunchtime at the end of the semester during, well, crunchtime.

I used Emmanuel's for torts as well. Emmanuel's, Gilbert's, etc. in my opinion are pretty much one and the same. Read the casebook, listen to your prof, take good notes, repeat. Commercial stuff should be used as mainly refresher, not to learn the course.

Gold

Post by 270910 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:47 pm

Once you're actually in your goddamend classes, you can walk into your bookstore, page through them all, and figure out which mass your casebook, professor, etc. the best.

TLS can roughly speaking point to study guides that are steaming piles of shit and study guides that are more beterrer. These kinds of minutae, you just need to wait it out.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”