Can this work for pre law school employment? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
lawschoolsplit2023

New

Can this work for pre law school employment?

Post by lawschoolsplit2023 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:40 pm

If you are a young person and college graduate with a 178 LSAT but a lower 2.9 gpa, therefore you need a couple of years of valuable WE to mitigate the lower gpa. Ive had a rough few years. I lost both my parents on hospice the same year two years ago, as well as had my own health concerns, to which I am fine now.

I will be moving to NYC by June. My dream one day is NY biglaw. My undergraduate degree was in paralegal studies and marketing and have some paralegal experience. However, given the healthconcerns of past couple of years, which have improved, I am reluctant to take a full time 9-5, as a paralegal for fear of healthconcerns requiring me to miss a lot of work in a conventional 9-5 setting.

Its in my best interest to have the best pre-law school WE I can. When I move, I am going to engage in 2-3 internships before law school in a couple of years. And I received a very large several million inheritance when late parents passed. As an investment, should I buy a business (i.e. ice cream shop, finance firm) and get work experience that way , or should I look into angel investing with the right entrpreneur which could also help me, should it take off and do well?

Just need some direction as I am more interested in the owning a business/investing route as opposed to working at 9-5.

Return to “Ask a Law Student”