staying longer in law school Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
twill93

New

staying longer in law school

Post by twill93 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:02 am

Hello, all I go to a T1 school around number 46 my GPA is 3.2. I came in as a transfer (evening student who works full time during the day) then we went pass-fail so I had no grades at the time. Immediately after we went virtual I got straight B's (I guess I don't work well with virtual learning). I definitely didn't beat the system as a transfer student. So my new idea is to graduate a year later, even though I am due for graduation in May 2022, I would essentially Graduate in May 2023. The only issue is that one, I'm not sure if that is allowed and two, I would only want to take clinics (one clinic each semester 6 credits each), but they probably won't allow me to take 3 clinics while in law school. So maybe I would look for other classes but my school doesn't offer that many classes, come to think about it my law school actually sucks. I don't know what to do, I need to seem competitive in the job market and just need to figure out how to get a higher GPA or be seen as more competitive. Would an LLM help? Do you think I could just casually stay one more year evening students are practically invisible anyway? I would like to go into big law but I don't know how that would be possible at this point, definitely feel like I got the short end of the stick here.

Return to “Ask a Law Student”