Mistake on Sent Application Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
KME89

New

Mistake on Sent Application

Post by KME89 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:49 am

Alright, so I made a massive error and failed to list my major and GPA on my applications to my laughably unrealistic reach school, a safety, and a realistic contender. I've since fixed the error and all is well for all the applications I have since sent out. Now the question is, do I go back and call attention to the error and ask for it to be updated at those three schools? Do I just contact the realistic contender? Do I not contact any of them? The missing information is all found on my resume, but if they're just sorting applications quickly, this could be a huge issue, right? While my uGPA is not the most impressive number, I also did not include the GPA for my graduate degree, which is impressive. Again, that info is also on my resume.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

cavalier1138

Re: Mistake on Sent Application

Post by cavalier1138 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:28 pm

Just send the admissions department(s) a quick email with the information to be added. No need to make a big deal out of it.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:33 pm

You're dealing with law school admissions people here, not the KGB. They'll understand if you call/email to notify them!

cam1992

New

Post by cam1992 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:33 pm

I made this same error, and I am not too worried about it. My undergraduate pre-law advisor reviewed my application and he didn't even notice the lack of GPA. When I spoke to him about this (obviously upset because I had already submitted all my applications) he told me not to worry about it because my GPA is listed on the CAS report and my resume. Still feeling a little uneasy, but I guess he is the professional!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”