Do Law Schools Ever Email Your Recommenders? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
RPlatt85

New

Do Law Schools Ever Email Your Recommenders?

Post by RPlatt85 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:28 pm

One of my law school recommenders is going to be traveling for a bit, and so asked if I can use their secretary's email on the site for them to submit the letter of rec. Would law schools ever email your recommenders as I'm worried the secretary might not reply if so.

cavalier1138

Re: Do Law Schools Ever Email Your Recommenders?

Post by cavalier1138 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:11 pm

No. Why would they do that?

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:42 pm

I know at least 1 school sent a letter to one of my LOR writers thanking them for recommending, you know, such a qualified candidate, and welcoming them to recommend future applicants. It definitely did not expect a response and, to respond to your question, I can't imagine they would ever want to follow up with your LOR writer about you.

crookedsmile

Bronze

Post by crookedsmile » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:45 pm

TierForceOne

New

Post by TierForceOne » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:30 pm

RPlatt85 wrote:One of my law school recommenders is going to be traveling for a bit, and so asked if I can use their secretary's email on the site for them to submit the letter of rec. Would law schools ever email your recommenders as I'm worried the secretary might not reply if so.
Not to pry, but is the real reason you're worried is that you wrote the letter for him, and he doesn't know about it?

None of my business, but that's what it sounds like.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

floatie

Silver

Post by floatie » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:49 am

TierForceOne wrote:
RPlatt85 wrote:One of my law school recommenders is going to be traveling for a bit, and so asked if I can use their secretary's email on the site for them to submit the letter of rec. Would law schools ever email your recommenders as I'm worried the secretary might not reply if so.
Not to pry, but is the real reason you're worried is that you wrote the letter for him, and he doesn't know about it?

I honestly had the same thought, but I'm going to give OP the benefit of the doubt here.

Use the professor's email. If they're smart, they'll have some sort of out of office message that would indicate that they're traveling. If there is a spot for a second email address, you can use the secretary's. Plus, the professor should be sending the letter on official letterhead stationary, which would also have a phone number.

RPlatt85

New

Post by RPlatt85 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:09 pm

floatie wrote:
TierForceOne wrote:

I honestly had the same thought, but I'm going to give OP the benefit of the doubt here.

Use the professor's email. If they're smart, they'll have some sort of out of office message that would indicate that they're traveling. If there is a spot for a second email address, you can use the secretary's. Plus, the professor should be sending the letter on official letterhead stationary, which would also have a phone number.
I actually didn't haha, but I could see how it sounds like that. It's more that the person is a pretty important person and I'm not 100% that they would answer in a timely fashion.

TierForceOne

New

Post by TierForceOne » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:49 pm

RPlatt85 wrote:
floatie wrote:
TierForceOne wrote:

I actually didn't haha, but I could see how it sounds like that. It's more that the person is a pretty important person and I'm not 100% that they would answer in a timely fashion.
Now you're just bragging.

Ok I'll stop giving you a hard time. Hope the whole thing works out.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Ask a Law Student”