LSDAS GPA Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
caitlinrw

Bronze

Re: LSDAS GPA

Post by caitlinrw » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:14 pm

Adam68601 wrote:So when I request my official transcript from the University of Nebraska which I am currently attending, it just says "12 Credits Wesleyan University" which is a university I did classes with in high school. When I submit my transcript to CAS do I just need to submit my University of Nebraska transcript? Or do I also have to call Wesleyan and send one from there too?
What he said above. You have to send transcripts from every university attended where you earned college credits, even if it was in high school.

albanach

Gold

Post by albanach » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:11 pm

HYPSM wrote:
Adam68601 wrote:Is this LSDAS GPA still used by schools? I took college classes my junior year of high school that were hard and they transferred in as B's. I have a 3.96 GPA through my university, and I had no idea these classes would hurt me. I also have withdrawn from two classes because I was taking too many credits and dropped in like the 3rd week. I also failed a 1 credit pass/no pass class. Is my LSDAS GPA totally going to fuck me over?
Those Bs will count even if you retake them, and the F you received in the P/F class will count as a zero.
If you have capacity to add more classes before graduation, more A grades will obviously improve your overall GPA. So, if you can add six non-required hours before graduation and get A's, then you boost your overall GPA. As was said above, retaking a specific subject doesn't help. If it's easier to get an A in Art History than in Calculus II, take Art History.

Of course, if you get less than an A you'll lower your GPA further :D

caitlinrw

Bronze

Post by caitlinrw » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:44 pm

albanach wrote:
HYPSM wrote:
Adam68601 wrote:Is this LSDAS GPA still used by schools? I took college classes my junior year of high school that were hard and they transferred in as B's. I have a 3.96 GPA through my university, and I had no idea these classes would hurt me. I also have withdrawn from two classes because I was taking too many credits and dropped in like the 3rd week. I also failed a 1 credit pass/no pass class. Is my LSDAS GPA totally going to fuck me over?
Those Bs will count even if you retake them, and the F you received in the P/F class will count as a zero.
If you have capacity to add more classes before graduation, more A grades will obviously improve your overall GPA. So, if you can add six non-required hours before graduation and get A's, then you boost your overall GPA. As was said above, retaking a specific subject doesn't help. If it's easier to get an A in Art History than in Calculus II, take Art History.

Of course, if you get less than an A you'll lower your GPA further :D
On the bright side, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but they don't calculate pass/no pass classes into the LSDAS GPA, from what I've seen via LSAC. Because I took one or two and they didn't count.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”