Jobs after Biglaw Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
BigOpen

New

Jobs after Biglaw

Post by BigOpen » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:25 pm

First time posting so sorry if this is in the wrong section or something like that.
I was wondering what kind of jobs people who leave biglaw can expect to find and how salaries/amounts of work compare.
Thanks in advance.

ek5dn

Bronze

Re: Jobs after Biglaw

Post by ek5dn » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:42 pm

BigOpen wrote:First time posting so sorry if this is in the wrong section or something like that.
I was wondering what kind of jobs people who leave biglaw can expect to find and how salaries/amounts of work compare.
Thanks in advance.
An alumni mentor of mine is now an in-house corporate counsel for a big name company after years of biglaw. She says she's never been happier and gets to go home at 6PM lol

nealric

Post by nealric » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:10 am

I went in-house after biglaw as well. I generally work 7:30-5 with every other Friday off and maybe 1 Saturday and 1 late night a year.

Compensation is a bit different from biglaw (more benefits and bonus potential, less base pay). Overall, my pay did not really drop.

Clyde Frog

Platinum

Post by Clyde Frog » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:31 pm

Become a Pokemon Master

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:52 am

Clyde Frog wrote:Become a Pokemon Master
I did actually became a Pokemon Master. It is largely because I started my own law firm and my desk in my office is covered by 2 pokestops and someone always set off a lore.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”