Potential Honor Code Violation Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
StudentKanye

New

Potential Honor Code Violation

Post by StudentKanye » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:54 pm

I recently got called into the associate deans office at my law school for a meeting. When i attended the meeting she told that one of my professors had brought to her attention that i skipped class and had someone sign in for me, which is a honor code violation. I told her that i did not do that and would never, basically that i was innocent. and she seemed like she believed me, and kind of just gave me a warning. then today i got a request for a meeting with the senior dean. im assuming it is about the same thing. my question is, how do i go about dealing with this disciplinary meeting? How will an honor code violation effect me transferring schools, and has anyone else ever gotten into trouble for this? if so, how did you handle it? Just feeling a bit anxious/nervous and like im being targeted. Thanks for any help.

FloridaCoastalorbust

Silver

Re: Potential Honor Code Violation

Post by FloridaCoastalorbust » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:58 pm

The truth will most likely come out. So if you didn't have a friend do this I suspect you will be fine. You can ask for the specific sign in sheet and then corroborate your attendance with evidence, like emails and stuff. If you did have a friend do this you should be open and honest about it. You'll probably have a mark on your transcript, which will suck. I suspect if you did have a friend do this, it will be pretty obvious. And if you lie, I would imagine they will come down pretty hard on you - i.e., possible expulsion.

TLDR; if you didn't do it fight like hell. If you did, put your tail between your legs and beg for mercy.

These are just my theories, and have no basis in fact or experience.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:13 am

Nowhere in your post did you address whether you actually did it. Did you do it?

People do this all the time in classes with mandatory attendance, fwiw.

Broncos15

Bronze

Post by Broncos15 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:31 pm

I've always wondered why academics can be so petty at times. Inflated egos run amok (even if the allegations are true)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”