Studying for 1L as 0L Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
oh lawd

New

Studying for 1L as 0L

Post by oh lawd » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:19 pm

First of all, I'm sure this question has been asked and answered 8,000 times on this site and is thus deemed annoying, if there's a forum I'm missing where this has been discussed ad nauseam then feel free to post the link and I'll be on my way.

However, I've chosen my law school and recently dropped my 2nd job so instead of working 60 hours a week I work 25-30 now. I have nothing to do the other 116 hours that I'm awake, which is great, but I'm ready to start hitting the books. How do I go about this? Should I target it with broad strokes like Getting to Maybe? Target certain classes like contracts or torts? Find out what my textbooks will be (I know plenty of alumni/current students at my school) and just dig into them? Is there a place to get outlines/ would they do me any good without context?

Right now my study regimen is mostly reading all of the posts on TLS about how I'm making a drastic mistake and then tell myself lies to justify the decision. I feel like this is a good place to start, but I'm looking for something fresh.

Iam3hunna

Bronze

Re: Studying for 1L as 0L

Post by Iam3hunna » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:25 pm

Don't. Sit back, relax, and enjoy your fucking summer. Will be the last time you ever do.

acr

Silver

Post by acr » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:45 pm

Dear God don't study over the summer.

You do not take the subject in law school, you take the professor.

Trying to learn a doctrinal "in general" before law school will not help.

You will not truly understand this until you begin classes and realize how useless any ex-ante studying would have been.

FairchildFLT

Bronze

Post by FairchildFLT » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:53 pm

oh lawd wrote:First of all, I'm sure this question has been asked and answered 8,000 times on this site and is thus deemed annoying, if there's a forum I'm missing where this has been discussed ad nauseam then feel free to post the link and I'll be on my way.

However, I've chosen my law school and recently dropped my 2nd job so instead of working 60 hours a week I work 25-30 now. I have nothing to do the other 116 hours that I'm awake, which is great, but I'm ready to start hitting the books. How do I go about this? Should I target it with broad strokes like Getting to Maybe? Target certain classes like contracts or torts? Find out what my textbooks will be (I know plenty of alumni/current students at my school) and just dig into them? Is there a place to get outlines/ would they do me any good without context?

Right now my study regimen is mostly reading all of the posts on TLS about how I'm making a drastic mistake and then tell myself lies to justify the decision. I feel like this is a good place to start, but I'm looking for something fresh.
I've been studying a lot of different liquor bottles.

Iam3hunna

Bronze

Post by Iam3hunna » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:57 pm

FairchildFLT wrote:
oh lawd wrote:First of all, I'm sure this question has been asked and answered 8,000 times on this site and is thus deemed annoying, if there's a forum I'm missing where this has been discussed ad nauseam then feel free to post the link and I'll be on my way.

Domaine de la Romanee-Conti Romanee-Conti Grand Cru, Cote de Nuits, France is my personal favorite.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

FairchildFLT

Bronze

Post by FairchildFLT » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:59 pm

Iam3hunna wrote:
FairchildFLT wrote:

Domaine de la Romanee-Conti Romanee-Conti Grand Cru, Cote de Nuits, France is my personal favorite.
Don't you get all fancy on me!

I drink whiskey, or vodka.

Iam3hunna

Bronze

Post by Iam3hunna » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:06 am

FairchildFLT wrote: Don't you get all fancy on me!

I drink whiskey, or vodka.
A philosopher's philosopher. My kind of guy.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Ask a Law Student”