Who performs better in law school, splitters or reverse splitters? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)

Who performs better?

Splitter
75%
Reverse Splitter
25%

Total votes: 65

Good Guy Gaud

Platinum

Re: Who performs better in law school, splitters or reverse splitters?

Post by Good Guy Gaud » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:46 am

Tiago Splitter wrote:FWIW LSAT predicts grades better than uGPA.
Bro so are you telling me that 4 years of crushing ceramics and astronomy was why I was median pwnd

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:57 am

star fox wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:There's no such thing as a reverse splitter. That's just a person who needs to retake.

I thought we banned that perverse expression on TLS several cycles ago.
Wrong. Plenty of people matriculate to law school as such.
That fact says nothing about their abilities relative to a conventional "splitter." They just didn't retake. Had they elected to do so, they would not have matriculated in that condition. Receiving a low LSAT score says nothing about you besides the fact that you haven't retaken yet and scored higher (within reason). It's not drawing a comparison of individuals along any discernible traits.

Moreover, on a rhetorical level, there's a reason we stopped using the phrase: just because people make mistakes doesn't mean we shouldn't hold ourselves up to a higher standard for the next class.

Johann

Diamond

Post by Johann » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:03 am

jbagelboy wrote:There's no such thing as a reverse splitter. That's just a person who needs to retake.

4.0s rom western carolina with a 152 dont need to retake. they are retards and maxed out.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:10 am

JohannDeMann wrote:

4.0s rom western carolina with a 152 dont need to retake. they are retards and maxed out.
Western carolina? Did chup make you czar of the new state task force?

I don't believe anyone who excels to that level at a reputable university and who doesn't suffer from dyslexia or another reading disability can't improve their score through studying.

Johann

Diamond

Post by Johann » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:13 am

my point is plenty of people get great gpas from non reputable universities and are retards. my roommate had a 3.9 from illinois state and didnt know how to use a dishwasher but got into northwestern.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:14 am

I mean, granted, there are some folks who can't break 160 on the LSAT and also do poorly in school. But more often than not someone with stellar academic performance just sold themselves short because they had muted expectations, pressure to start school early, weren't educated as to the significance and learnability of the exam, or settled because they were acculturated to believe the regional school was sufficient and they'd reached what they thought they needed. We've seen all if this hundreds of times on here and the story is almost never "I'm actually too dumb."

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Ask a Law Student”