Special Circumstances Essay Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
po1992

New

Special Circumstances Essay

Post by po1992 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:58 am

So for one of the law schools I am applying to its asks for a Special Circumstances optional essay. What would generally fall under the category of special circumstances? Thanks!

deadramone

New

Re: Special Circumstances Essay

Post by deadramone » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:55 am

Someone with more familiarity with the school may be more suited to answer, but this sounds like an addendum. For example, "what special circumstances contributed to your GPA falling dramatically between 2012-2013 in comparison to the great performance record you maintained at all other times?"

It could also maybe be looking for a diversity statement, but "special circumstances" leads me to think they mean addendum.

hangingtree

New

Re: Special Circumstances Essay

Post by hangingtree » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:05 am

As the poster above said, we'd have to see the school's application to assess what they're wanting. Is a DS asked for elsewhere? Is the essay in question asked for directly after LSAT/GPA?

If you submit it with all the other essays (towards the end) and the DS isn't requested elsewhere, I'd say this sounds a whole lot like a DS. If you have something interesting to say, say it. If you think, but aren't sure, you have something interesting to say, say it if you can make it come off well.

Return to “Ask a Law Student”