Law School Emails Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Cochran

Bronze

Law School Emails

Post by Cochran » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:41 pm

How much do law schools know about me before I actually apply? I get a little uneasy when I get emails from TTTT schools that I have no interest in. Do they see my numbers and assume that this is where I'll go? Which makes no sense, as I don't even have an LSAT score yet. Does LSAC make applicant information publicly available to admission offices when they register, before an applicant sends their applications?

hairbear7

Silver

Re: Law School Emails

Post by hairbear7 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:47 pm

Cochran wrote:Does LSAC make applicant information publicly available to admission offices when they register, before an applicant sends their applications?
Yeah. During the admissions cycle expect to get several emails daily from random schools.

No need to feel uneasy.

Ron Howard

Bronze

Post by Ron Howard » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:53 pm

You probably signed up for candidate referral service on the LSAC website. Schools can access this website for relevant information. Not surprisingly, most of these schools are just desperate. Some will even tell you, in July no less, that it is not too late to apply for the fall semester. Ignore them. They send this to everyone. But once you have your numbers, and assuming they are good, you may also get emails from schools like Duke and Columbia. These emails will make you pleased when you receive them, especially if they offer fee waivers.

frasier

Bronze

Post by frasier » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:18 pm

Ron Howard wrote:You probably signed up for candidate referral service on the LSAC website. Schools can access this website for relevant information. Not surprisingly, most of these schools are just desperate. Some will even tell you, in July no less, that it is not too late to apply for the fall semester. Ignore them. They send this to everyone. But once you have your numbers, and assuming they are good, you may also get emails from schools like Duke and Columbia. These emails will make you pleased when you receive them, especially if they offer fee waivers.
What kind of scores do you need to receive emails, and more importantly fee waivers, from top schools? The best school I've received mail from so far has been WUSTL. They even offered to let me apply for this fall semester, but..

Ron Howard

Bronze

Post by Ron Howard » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:42 pm

frasier wrote:
Ron Howard wrote:You probably signed up for candidate referral service on the LSAC website. Schools can access this website for relevant information. Not surprisingly, most of these schools are just desperate. Some will even tell you, in July no less, that it is not too late to apply for the fall semester. Ignore them. They send this to everyone. But once you have your numbers, and assuming they are good, you may also get emails from schools like Duke and Columbia. These emails will make you pleased when you receive them, especially if they offer fee waivers.
What kind of scores do you need to receive emails, and more importantly fee waivers, from top schools? The best school I've received mail from so far has been WUSTL. They even offered to let me apply for this fall semester, but..
No sure, but I received emails and fee waives from schools that I had below average LSAT (though above average gpa) for. If you visit a school or email the admissions office and show interest in them, they may give you one. Worked for me

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”