From Master to law school? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
viviana7211

New

From Master to law school?

Post by viviana7211 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:43 pm

So here is my issue..
I am currently doing my M.S. in counseling (first year, 2nd semester)

I always wanted to go to law school but always had an excuse not to pursue it (too old, too much money, too long, blah) but now that I am actually working on my field, I am not very happy. I enjoy my career, but I don't love it. I constantly think I should of tried law school at least. Now here is the thing, I am 27 and I don't want to keep making the wrong career choices. I also have student loans with my masters.
Should I stopped my masters and study for the LSAT instead? What would you do? If I did, I would drop next semester so I can study. Take the LSAT in December and apply for fall 2016. Would you "start over" or finish my M.S.?

chuckbass

Platinum

Re: From Master to law school?

Post by chuckbass » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:46 pm

I mean, how do you know you'd enjoy being a lawyer more? And what do you want to do as a lawyer?

Also you do realize that most people don't enjoy their careers, let alone love them. Especially lawyers.

viviana7211

New

Post by viviana7211 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:57 pm

Well I don't know If I would enjoy it more, its what I was always passionate about! However, if I don't ever try it, I would always wonder..
I would like to do immigration law.

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:00 pm

I mean being a lawyer isn't just something you try. It's three years of school, lost income, and probably a lot of $$$. I would just keep doing what you're doing.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”