Responding to Letters of Acceptance Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
spencer.414

New

Responding to Letters of Acceptance

Post by spencer.414 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:15 pm

I was just accepted to GWU via email but I'm currently waiting on a lot of other responses from schools I've applied to. I've seen some etiquette on replying to grad school acceptances but I'm just curious about how to respond to an acceptance when I'm still waiting to hear back from other schools. Should I ask about visiting/financial aid and the like or just respond back with a simple "Thanks I'm very excited and hope to keep in touch while I wait to hear back from the other places I've applied" type email?

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Re: Responding to Letters of Acceptance

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:45 am

send them back a link to LST

malleus discentium

Silver

Post by malleus discentium » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:46 am

There's no reason to respond unless you do have a question of some sort, or if they've specifically invited your response in some way.

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:37 pm

malleus discentium wrote:There's no reason to respond unless you do have a question of some sort, or if they've specifically invited your response in some way.
+1

I didn't respond to any of my actual acceptance letters. I did ask questions but those were normally directed at specific people/offices, and not a reply to the initial acceptance.

spencer.414

New

Post by spencer.414 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:08 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:
malleus discentium wrote:There's no reason to respond unless you do have a question of some sort, or if they've specifically invited your response in some way.
+1

I didn't respond to any of my actual acceptance letters. I did ask questions but those were normally directed at specific people/offices, and not a reply to the initial acceptance.

I decided to answer because I had some specific questions and wasn't sure who to contact. They were very nice and directed me to the right people.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”