Deleted Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
hmzator

New

Deleted

Post by hmzator » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:13 pm

Deleted
Last edited by hmzator on Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KMart

Gold

Re: Misdemeanor Question for Application

Post by KMart » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:13 pm

Yes. Short addendum. Shouldn't be an issue disclosure depends on specific wording of the school. When it doubt it is better to disclose, as most will require the disclosure anyway.

Dr. Nefario

Gold

Post by Dr. Nefario » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:37 am

imKMart wrote:Yes. Short addendum. Shouldn't be an issue disclosure depends on specific wording of the school. When it doubt it is better to disclose, as most will require the disclosure anyway.
so far the only schools I've found that won;t require you to disclose this is the Boston Area, maybe Mass. in general

Christina AA

New

Post by Christina AA » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:58 am

I advise you to still disclose unless the app explicitly does not require it. Your application will be considered as part of your character and fitness submission when you apply to your state's bar upon graduation/passing the bar. You DO NOT want a discrepancy to show up (e.g. if the bar requires greater disclosure than the app did). It is also a good time now to gather the primary documents from the situation so you have them when you need them.

Law1491

Bronze

Post by Law1491 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:41 pm

Should I disclose minor traffic violations even when the school does not require it just to make sure there is not going to be any discrepancy between law school C&F and the application to the state's bar?
Thank you

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

KMart

Gold

Post by KMart » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:10 pm

Law1491 wrote:Should I disclose minor traffic violations even when the school does not require it just to make sure there is not going to be any discrepancy between law school C&F and the application to the state's bar?
Thank you
Generally no. Schools like uMinn actually require you to disclose minor traffic violations, however.

ChemEng1642

Silver

Post by ChemEng1642 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:51 pm

Law1491 wrote:Should I disclose minor traffic violations even when the school does not require it just to make sure there is not going to be any discrepancy between law school C&F and the application to the state's bar?
Thank you

Disclose unless the school specifically says "other than minor traffic violations" in their question about this.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Ask a Law Student”