. Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
kbutler

New

Post by kbutler » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:44 pm

Last edited by kbutler on Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ramius

Gold

Re: Character and Fitness question, overreacting?

Post by Ramius » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:51 pm

kbutler wrote:Okay, so I'm looking for insight as to whether or not to disclose the following situation;

While in my dorm room, an RA knocked out my door, stating that he had detected the faint smell of marijuana, upon which time "public safety" was alerted and came to search the room, discovering less than a gram of marijuana (in a friends book bag who was in the room), at which time I was told to head down to the ladies room and flush it, which I did.
The next day I met with the RD, at which time it was decided I would not be fined, sanctioned or otherwise censored. The RD assured me that no formal complaint had been written or filled out and it would not go on my disciplinary record (which it did not, since I had checked the record two years later). So the only actual record of the incident is in the public safety log from 2012, stating that marijuana was flushed down the toilet.

So the reasons I think I should disclose is that it may be better to be honest about the situation

The reasons I don't think I should disclose is that there is no record on my file at the school, and no sanctions, fines or written report resulted.

What do you guys think, would I have to disclose to the bar anyway?

Thanks for the help,

kb
Just disclose. It won't hurt you, and in the end you'll feel better about it.

gatesome

Bronze

Re: Character and Fitness question, overreacting?

Post by gatesome » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:02 pm

sex offenders and felons get into law school

just tell the truth

Return to “Ask a Law Student”