Decision Rendered After Waitlist Interview Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
laballermvp9

New

Decision Rendered After Waitlist Interview

Post by laballermvp9 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:47 pm

So I had a Waitlist Interview last week at a particular school (they said it was a 1 on 1 counseling meeting but it was an interview) and I just got a decision rendered mailing on my status checker. Is this a good sign or bad one? Thanks.

monsterman

Bronze

Re: Decision Rendered After Waitlist Interview

Post by monsterman » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:52 pm

laballermvp9 wrote:So I had a Waitlist Interview last week at a particular school (they said it was a 1 on 1 counseling meeting but it was an interview) and I just got a decision rendered mailing on my status checker. Is this a good sign or bad one? Thanks.
It sounds like they made their decision. Not to be a dick but I'm sure the school says 'decision rendered' every time they make a decision, regardless of the outcome. You'll just have to wait and see. Good luck!

laballermvp9

New

Post by laballermvp9 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:54 pm

Lol I'm not talking about my status saying decision rendered. All I was asking is if getting a decision a couple of days after a waitlist interview a good sign or bad one?

monsterman

Bronze

Post by monsterman » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:10 pm

I'm sure it varies per school. I can't speak to waitlist interviews, but I know the time wildly varied for decisions after my regular decision interviews. I assume that this late in the year it's likely standard for the school to make decisions relatively quickly after an interview. Again, I would only be speculating if I ventured to say it was good or bad news.

cron1834

Gold

Post by cron1834 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:55 am

Dude, without naming the school how on Earth is anyone supposed to answer this? A couple of days sounds like a reasonable wait-time regardless of the outcome, but nobody can tell you if it's normal unless they've interviewed w/the same school.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

laballermvp9

New

Post by laballermvp9 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:01 am

Thanks guys for your replies. I received an email notifying me of my acceptance in the afternoon!

Cradle6

Bronze

Post by Cradle6 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:07 am

laballermvp9 wrote:Thanks guys for your replies. I received an email notifying me of my acceptance in the afternoon!
Congrats!!! What was the school?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Ask a Law Student”